12. Betrayal

//from now on I'll go with my theories, that's why maybe there are things that aren't very 'canon' to the series but anyways.//

POV- third person

The four players stand awkwardly in the room. There were four beds now, it was so empty and Y/n started to miss the laughters, the voices of people she didn't know. She felt alone again. Sae-byeok didn't seem well, she slowly sits on one of the beds and Y/n sat next to her.

Meanwhile, Gi-hun get closer to Sang-woo with a furious expression on his face.

''Why'd you do that?'' He asked, surprisingly calm for how angry he seemed.

''What the hell did you expect, huh?'' Sang-woo turned to him.

''Why go up and push that guy?''

''You got lucky waiting in the back of the line. Must have forgotten how things are here. What if that guy ended up wasting our time on that one step like that criminal? Would you have done nothing?'' Sang-woo asked.

''But he was on the last tile. He would move to the next one soon.''

''How can you know that, huh?''

''That last guy could tell the tempered glass apart the whole time, but he watched all those poor bastards out there die. The only reason you and I even made it is 'cause he could tell the tiles apart.'' Gi-hun gets closer to him, it felt like he was ready to fight at any moment.

''Come on! Just stop it with this bullshit.
That guy is not the reason that I'm still here, okay? I'll tell you the reason. It's that I'm willing to do almost anything to win this.''

''Stop with the excuses. I'm not buying it. You still killed someone. His bullet is in your hands.''

''Get it together, huh. We'll be killing everyone if we want that money. Think about it for just one second. You should be happy that there's someone who's not afraid to get his hands dirty.''

Y/n lifts her head to him.

''I was supposed to get in front.'' She said, cutting their fight.

''You would have just pushed me like I'm somebody else. It's not because you had to. He WAS going to get on one of the tiles.'' She said with a cold tone.

''No-''

''And if it were me on that tile?'' Gi-hun asked. Sang-woo groans with annoyance.

''Come on! Gi-hun!'' He yells.

''Your life is so damn pathetic, and here's why. It's because you always gotta open your mouth and ask something idiotic. Because you're a nosy-ass idiot who's too slow to keep it shut.
Someone who always has to get into trouble but somehow can't tell he's in it.'' Sang-woo throws it all in his face. Gi-hun just nods, waiting to hear it all.

''Okay. That's right. That's how I got caught in all this. Because I was slow, crazy incompetent. Just a dimwit who lives off his mother, but you're with me in this place. Isn't that interesting?''

''Why is that?'' Sang-woo looked at him, they both looked like they were going to fight right here, right now.

''Ssangmun-dong's golden child, the genius Cho Sang-woo, who went to SNU was here Rolling around this shithole, slamming with us, simpletons, huh! Is it my fault that you're here?''

The doors open, guards came in with four boxes in their hands.

''Players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games. The four of you are now the finalists and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each of you. Before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought.'' The guard with a square on his mask said.