8. Stick to the team pt.2

POV - third person

The guards were putting handcuffs to all players once they got there, they were also placed on each side of the rope.

''Listen closely...''

Gi-hun was the first in line, then Sang-woo, Y/n, a guy they asked to team with, Sae-Byeok, the girl she invited, 212, the guy obsessed with Jesus, old man and Ali.

''First off, having a good leader is very important. The person is at the front and keeps an eye on how the other team is performing.''

They all looked at the other team, knowing now how to win but still had a feeling they were unsure of.

''And the rest of the team focuses on the back of their leader's head. If the leader seems weak or looks like their spirit is beginning to falter, then the game is already over. And then at the end of the rope, you'll need to have someone strong and dependable like the anchor of a ship. After that, it's all about how you arrange the rest of your team.''

The counter started, they all looked at their enemies. The guard lift his hand with a gun in the hair.

''If one player is on the right side of the rope, then the next one should be on the left, all the way down the rope. Both of your feet should be facing straight forward, and then, hold the rope in your armpits. That way, everyone can put in all of their strength.''

They all did as the old man told them.

''Finally, and this is absolutely the most important thing. Once the game begins, for the first ten seconds...''

Bang, a sound of gunshot.

''...you have to hold your ground. You should lean back, practically lie down. Push your lower abdomen up to the sky, as hard as you can. And throw your head back to the point where you can almost see the groin of the person behind you.''

Everyone look at the sky, all forcing while the other team struggled to even pull them.

''If you do that, the other team won't be able to pull us to their side. Just hold like this for ten seconds. Then the opposing team will start to get frustrated because they are thinking, "Why won't they budge?" Because they believed that they were much stronger.''

They all wait until they could feel that it was their time to pull, it was surprising how it actually was working.

''If you can hold out for that long, you will be able to catch a moment in your opponents' hold, and their rhythm breaks. Now's our chance!''

They all started pulling, yelling 'Hey! Hey ! Hey!' while they did so. They were pulling and jumping back as much as they could. They could feel their hands burning, but death this way seemed even more painful.

Suddenly, the other team got strenght again, it wasn't working this time.

''We're losing! God dammit! Someone do something!''

They pulled as much as they could, but the end of their side was started to get closer.

''Okay four-eyes, now is your time to shine so find a way out !'' Y/n said to Sang-woo.

He grunts as he was trying to concentrate.

''Get yourselves together and listen! Let's try something. Take three steps up when I signal.'' He said.

''What ? But that's the edge!'' 212 yelled.

''Okay let's do this.'' Y/n yells.

''We might as well try !'' Gi-hun yells.