One lucky day | VERS. 2

//Chapter based on theories again. I will explain the reasons why I did two ends :)//

POV - Third person

Cold.

The room was cold, brutal. The three of them followed the hot pink figure, no words shared between them. Not even a look, they all had the same idea, the same goal ; win.

Before they open the door, the guard stops and turn to the players.

''Player 218, Player 028 and Player 456, welcome to the final game. Before we begin, Player 028, you must choose with who you will be.''

The girl looked at the two others. One with a big heart, willing to help and win with his comrades, the other, rude, cold and a traitor. When he almost killed her, she remembered Ali's expression when he saw the rocks falling of his little bag and that's when she realised that Sang-woo did this. That he was a traitor, not caring about the other's feeling and willing to manipulate, lie and kill to survive.

''Gi-hun.''

None of them were surprised, after all, Sang-woo almost killed her. The guard nods.

''We'll flip a coin to decide who plays offense or defense. Please choose a shape. Triangle or square.''

''Triangle.'' Gi-hun immediately answered.

The guard flips the coin and it lands on triangle.

''It's triangle. Please choose either offense or defense.''

''Offense.'' Gi-hun said, Y/n nods.

''Players 028 and 456 will play offense. Player 218 will defend.''

Sang-woo takes a huge breath. The guard opens the door, revealing the place they were at the beginning, except this time the doll wasn't there and there was only an outline with two circles, one at the top and one at the bottom. A triangle intersects the circle at one end and a square intersects the other.

''For the final game, you'll be playing Squid Game. Let me explain the rules of the game.

One, the attacker must enter the squid shape court, run past the defense, and then tap the area inside the squid's head with his foot to secure the win.

Two, the defender must block the attacker's advance and force them outside of the court's bounds in order to win.

Three, if a situation arises, in which either player is unable to continue playing the game, the last one standing will be the winner.''

Gi-hun and Y/n was next to each other and in front of them was Sang-woo.

''A player's unable to continue. Could you explain that?'' Gi-hun asked.

''That would be referring to the player's death. And now, with that, let the game begin.''

The three of them nods, placing themselves to play. Y/n turns to Gi-hun while he was tying his shoe, he looked at Y/n and she nods. She turned to the other one, in the middle of the squid, waitinf.

''You should've made sure you ended me, huh ? Feel regret yet ?'' Y/n said, coldly.

''Shut up.'' Sang-woo responds.

Gi-hun gets up, looking at his now old friend, Y/n knew she had nothing to do with it, she decided to let Gi-hun win the game and help him as much as she could.

Her partner hops on one of his foot to the side of the squid while Y/n did the same, following him.

''When we cross... do you remember what we used to call it?'' Gi-hun asked him.