Chapter 8

Matt's POV:
Once me and Gabby got home, I smiled as I just looked at the house and turned to look at Gabby. "I swear, I have never been more glad to be home in a long time." Gabby nodded and just smiled at me as she went to grab my hand. "Not even when we brought the triplets home from the hospital after their long stay?" I looked at her when she said that and nodded. "Okay, that is the only other time. I am just exhausted." Gabby nodded and agreed with me. "And that is the exact reason why we are going to get in bed and just rest."

I looked at her when she said that. "Wait, we?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "What? You thought that you were going to be resting in bed alone? Not a chance. I am going to be joining you in bed and cuddling up to my husband." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "That sounds perfect and that's exactly what I need right now. A bit of alone time with my beautiful wife." Gabby smiled and blushed when I said that. "You aren't getting any action." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Didn't expect any."

Gabby nodded when I said that. "Good, because I would rather you rest right now." I nodded and just smiled when she said that. "I honestly think that I need it more than we both think." Gabby smiled when I said that before leaning over the center console and going to kiss me softly. "Let's get out and then head inside. The kids are going to want to see you." I sighed when she said that. "Is Louie going to be calm? I am not sure if I really have the energy to have to deal with his energy. I might just want to rest in bed for the rest of the day. Heck, I might get undressed."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "Honestly, I think that is a good idea. I would like some time with you." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. Going to grab her hand, I rubbed it as we prepared to get out of the car and head inside. Getting out of my seat, I went to grab the blanket that we brought along before looking at Gabby as she went to open the back door. Reaching in, she went to grab our bag of my other chemo essentials (blanket, pillow, water, iPad, book). "Remember to keep that packed. I am going to need it every time." Gabby nodded.

"Listen, if you don't want to talk about this with anybody else today...then we don't have to. You need rest." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Going to grab her hand, I smiled and intertwined our fingers as I led her inside so that I could rest. "I am going to ask Antonio to keep the kids downstairs okay?" I nodded when she said that before walking up to the door. Grabbing her keys, Gabby went to unlock the door for me before smiling as she let me into the house. Walking in, I saw everybody there waiting for me with some food and stuff.

"He's here." I just sighed when they all did that. I sighed and just looked at them all. "You guys can wait to hang out with me. My bed can't. Babe I am going to take a nap. Join me?" Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. Going to take off my shoes, I just put them away before walking away to bed. Meanwhile, Gabby stayed downstairs to talk to everybody.

Gabby's POV:
As I walked into the house to see EVERYBODY there, I just sighed as I looked at Antonio and Boden. "Okay, what is up with Matt?" I just sighed as I looked at them all. "He is exhausted. They said that happens when you have Chemo." They just all looked at each other when I said that. "Oh god, so..." I nodded and just sighed. "He is not going to be down here at all. He is going to be upstairs for the rest of the day either sleeping or just relaxing in bed." I then turned to look at Antonio. "Which is something you would've already known had you checked your texts!"

Antonio sighed when I said that. "Sorry sis." I nodded and agreed with him. "Can you keep watching the kids? He is on bedrest for 24 hours. I will come down later but right now...I just want to be with him. We got a bunch of news that we haven't talked about. Maybe you guys can make us a nice supper in bed? Kids can only come up if you text me. Matt is going to sleep." Antonio nodded when I said that. "Of course. I promise. Text me when you want supper." I then sighed and took a breath before walking over to him. "Antonio, a minute please?"

Antonio nodded and sighed as he came to follow me into the kitchen sot hat we could walk in private.