Chapter 31

Jay's POV: Once I finished making Erin and Natalie some grilled cheeses, I smiled as I walked into the living room with them before going to give Erin her place. "Here you go babe." Erin smiled when I gave her plate to her and just looked up at me. "Thanks." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that before going to kiss her softly. "No problem, now eat up." Erin nodded and smiled when I said that. Meanwhile, I went to go give Natalie a grilled cheese too. Natalie smiled when I did that. "Thanks Jay." I nodded and agreed with her. "It's okay, honestly." 

Going to walk back over to the couch where Erin was sitting (and waiting for me), I went to go sit down next to her and then wrapped my arm around her smiling. "It taste good?" Erin nodded and smiled when I asked her that. "It tastes great. But honestly, you can relax now and just join the conversation. By the way Natalie, what's with the late night snack?" Natalie laughed. "Believe me, this is not a late night snack for me. I always try and have a snack at this time when I am on shift." I agreed with her and just nodded. "That makes sense." Will then smiled at me.

"So, how is it at the FBI. Or are you not allowed to talk about it?" I smiled when he asked me that. "Honestly, it's going great. I actually reunited with one of my old military buddies who works there. You remember Steve Burns?" Will looked at me when I said that. "Honestly, don't remember ever meeting him." Natalie shook her head too. "Nope, me neither. And I know way more military people than Will." I agreed with her and nodded. "Yeah, you keep in touch with Jeff's friends still?" Natalie shook her head. "It's too hard for me. Still don't trust them."

I agreed with her when she said that, getting where she was coming from. "I understand why you would say that honestly. I mean, they didn't protect him while he was over there." Natalie nodded and smiled when I Said that. "Exactly! So I am not crazy when it comes to that." I shook my head when she asked me that. "Hey, of course you aren't crazy when it comes to that...you are entitled to not trust them after they let your husband die." Natalie nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Glad that I have somebody on my side. Helen doesn't see it that way."

I shrugged when she said that. "I guess that it's different for her. We are all entitled to our own opinions." Natalie nodded. "Oh yeah, especially when it comes to who is better equipped to lead the army. I am split between Pete Buttigieg and Joe Biden honestly." I nodded when she said that. "I am going with Joe. He has the better chance to beat the Orange. Not that our votes will really count down here." Will agreed with me when I said that. "Your fault for moving to Florida!" I sighed when he said that. "You do know why I am moving down here right?"

Will nodded. "Yeah, for your PTSD. You can stop asking me Jay." I nodded and smiled when he said that. "Sorry, guess I keep having to make sure that you know it's for a good reason." Erin then turned to look at me when I said that and smiled at me. "You want to go talk about that when we are done having a snack? I know we said that we would hang out with your brother but...we are going to be here tomorrow." I nodded when she said that. "How long are you guys staying?" Natalie sighed when I asked her that. "I was thinking of leaving the day after tomorrow."

Will turned to look at her. "Why?" Natalie sighed when he asked her that. "Owen is missing me already and Halloween is in 72 hours. I always do the Halloween stuff at the hospital and Maggie said that she can't because something came up." Will nodded when she said that. "So, we are literally just coming for a minute to see the place. I am so sorry guys." I then looked at them both and smiled. "Hey, we still have tomorrow." They both agreed and smiled. "But, you are working." I bit my lip when he said that. "Yeah, sorry." They both agreed. "It's fine Jay. Supper tomorrow?"

I laughed and agreed with him. "As long as you cook. I want one of those good meals that you always make when we get together." Will laughed and agreed with me when I said that before smiling. "Deal!" Smiling at each other, we were both really happy to be spending a bit of quality time together right now while Erin and Natalie had some snacks.