Chapter 18

Meanwhile, back at Matt & Gabby's place:
Matt's POV: As I wake up in bed after dozing off for a while, I wake up in a daze and a little confused when it came to how long exactly I have been out for. Looking at the time, I saw it was late afternoon and I knew that it is getting close to supper time so...I decided to get up so that I could go see what was happening out here. Walking out, I saw the babies relaxing in their chairs while Gabby was sitting on the couch and reading a book. Hearing me come out, she smiled. "Hey." I just looked around confused. "Where is everybody?" Gabby then laughed.

"Antonio offered to bring Louie to a local park. I asked Ben and Griffin to go with him since they know the neighborhood. The triplets are all in their chairs using their individual teething toys and their mobiles." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that before walking over to the kitchen so that I could get some water for myself. "Thanks for washing my water bottle. I was wondering where it went." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "It's no problem baby. You need it to stay healthy." I nodded when she said that before smiling at her.

"You have a good rest after chemo?" I nodded when she asked me that. "I think I am going to ask them to reschedule my Chemo to 4 pm. Doing it at 2 means that I can't help around the house since that's when the babies are asleep." Gabby shook her head. "Matt, we are doing it at 2 for a reason. That's when Louie goes to sleep. My mom and Antonio are taking care of the housework for now. In fact, my mom was thinking of moving down here too with Antonio. She wants to help with the kids while you are battling cancer." I nodded and agreed with her. "I like that idea."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "I already vetoed my dad's offer...don't worry. I told him that he can go back to Chicago now that we are moved here. I asked him to just stay away unless he calls first." I smiled when she said that. "Is it wrong that I want to say thank you for doing that?" Gabby shook her head when I asked her that. "Hey, of course not. I know that he is always a huge pain in your behind." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. Moving to sit on the couch with her, I smiled as I went to wrap my arm around her and put my feet up.

"You cold and need a blanket?" I shook my head when I felt her move her hand into my lap. Grabbing her hand, I smiled at her before going to kiss the side of her head. "No, I am okay. You are hot and sexy enough to keep me warm." Gabby just laughed and smiled when I said that. "Okay, you can stop flirting with me baby....I am already your wife and you are not getting any sex for a while." I nodded when she said that and smiled as I went to kiss both her neck as well as her shoulder. "Who said that I wanted you for sex?" Gabby laughed when I said that.

"You sure have your energy back." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that before smiling at her. "Yeah, I do...and you always give me more energy. You are so beautiful and very addictive. Some could even call you a drug." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Okay, just shut up and hold me for a while. You are starting to act weird. And Severide is downstairs doing some laundry." I was shocked when she said that. "Why didn't you tell me that when I first came out? He is going to think that I am crazy!" That's when I heard Severide come upstairs.

Moving away from Gabby, I just wrapped may arm around her. "Let me move to the other side. You know you like to cuddle up to my side." Gabby nodded when I said that before getting up. Moving to the other side so that I was against the couch pillows, I felt Gabby get on with me and then readjusted the blankets while wrapping my arm around her. Wrapping her arms around my torso, Gabby smiled me and got comfortable. "Why must you always get comfortable?" I laughed when he said that and agreed with him. "Here, I got some beer and put it in the fridge."

Severide then came to offer me one. Sighing when he did that, I explained the problem. "Dude, I have cancer and just had Chemo today." Severide then realized what was up. "Right, you can't drink beer. I am so sorry man." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. "However, I can drink water which is what I have here. Gabby can't drink any until she stops breastfeeding." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Where's Stella?" Severide then laughed. "Out shopping for more clothes. However, I think we need to talk about your future in the spring?" 

I was confused when he said that. "What do you mean?" Severide then smirked. "Your new job. You want some pointers on how to teach at a fire academy or no?" I sighed when he asked me that because that was actually something I hadn't spoken to Gabby yet. "About that....I may not be teaching in the New Year." Gabby then turned to look at me when I said that. "What?"