Chapter 5

Jay's POV: As me and Erin continued to work on the case, I just started to take paper notes since that was easier for me than always using the computer. However, while I was in the middle of writing my notes...I started to hear some crunching. Looking up, I saw that Erin was eating some trail mix. "That's what the crunching is." Erin laughed when I said that. "Shut up, I'm hungry." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Lunch together later?" Erin then laughed. "Hank is going to bring us lunch. I told him to text me when he's in the lobby." I agreed.

"He is such a helicopter dad sometimes." Erin nodded when I said that. "And you are going to be just as bad when it comes to our son." I nodded and agreed with her. "Uhm yeah. And don't even say anything about him not joining the military. He is going to join the military like his dad." Erin agreed with me when I said that. "Can we even see if we are going to be able to let him join the army? Jay, we haven't done those harder scans yet that will tell us if he is going to have mental challenges." I sighed when she said that. "You are worried about that aren't you?"

Erin nodded and sighed when I asked her that. "Babe, you realize that I have done drugs in the past with my mom. She drugged me as a child. Who knows how that affected my brain and whether our son will inherit any of that. By the way, if they are special needs....we are done with kids. I don't care if you want a daughter." I nodded when she said that. "Erin, just calm down with those threats. I am sure that we are going to be able to handle a special needs kid. You handle me just fine after all." Erin laughed when I said that and nodded. "I do, don't I?"

Going to look on my computer, I went to go see what documents that the FBI has sent out so far when I saw the missing poster. Looking at it, I went to read the description of the bike. Opening a browser, I went to go search what the bike might look like when I realized that this bike is very expensive and he comes from a family of money. "Erin, new angle to the case we might need to look at." Erin looked at me when I said that. "Which is?" I then sighed. "I am not sure whether this child is poor. I just looked up the bike that he was riding. Link is in your IM software."

Erin nodded when I said that before going to open the link. Looking at it, she was how expensive the bike was and seemed shocked. "He was riding a $2,500 bike?" I agreed with her when she said that. "I think that we need to consider that this family is wealthy. Actually, search up rich family named Valdez in Miami through google." Erin nodded when I said that before doing like I asked. She then went to go check the history and sighed. "Great, just great. This guy is a mess. Criminal family for drugs and stuff." I bit my lip when she said that. "Check FBI Records."

Erin agreed with me when I said that. "Inputting father's name into the FBI database to get records." I agreed with her when she said that and just went to do the same so that we were looking at the same screen together. "Drug money is a majority of his wealthy. He is linked to drug gangs here in South Beach." I nodded when she said that and just sighed because I knew that this case just got more complicated. "Want me to get Hanley this new information?" Erin nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah, later. First...I want to search the other leads."

I bit my lip. "Erin, I hate to say this but...I would rather we go by the book. When you were at the FBI last time, was this the type of information you had to give to your supervisor?" Erin nodded and sighed when I asked her that. "Yeah, it was." I just agreed with her when she said that. "Then we need to give it to him. Hank can't protect us here." That's when I heard a voice I hadn't expected to hear today. "Okay, who is Hank and why would you need protection from our bosses?" Turning my head, I saw somebody at the door and I just smiled.

"How come you get the sexy special agent working with you?" Erin then blushed when he said that. "Babe..." Erin then looked at me. "I am going to take a compliment." I nodded when she said that before going to get up. "How are you man?" I smiled as I went to hug my friend from the military. "Wait, you guys know each other?" I nodded and smiled at Erin. "Erin, meet my friend Specialist 2nd Class Army Ranger Steven Burns, ex-Illinois National Guard." Steve smiled when I said that. "When I heard that you were joining us here...I was shocked."

I nodded when he said that. "We moved down here for my PTSD." Steve sighed when I said that. "How bad is it?" I just bit my lip. "It's getting better. Not where I want it to be with Erin being pregnant. Oh right. Steve, meet my wife Erin." Steve nodded and agreed as he went to shake her hand. "How far along?" Erin smiled when he asked. "I am half way." I nodded when she said that and just smiled. "We are going to name him Alexander Jaymes." Steve smiled when I said that. "Wait, after Vindman?" I then thought about it. "Shit, I didn't even think about him."

Erin looked at me when I said that. "Vindman?" I smiled at her. "Alex Vindman, the impeachment witness who just testified. Ukraine scandal." Erin nodded and agreed with me when I said that. "Right. I completely forgot about that." I smiled when she said that and agreed with her. "I just liked the name honestly. Not sure if I like it so much now." I sighed when she said that. "I like it. Can we please keep it? I already ordered something for the baby. It's a surprise though. Should be here on the weekend." Erin was confused when I said that. "What is it?"

I just smiled when she asked me that. "It's called a surprise for a reason." Erin nodded and smiled when I said that. "I'll get it out of you eventually." I just laughed and agreed. Steve nodded and just smiled at us. "Listen, I am getting back to work. I will talk to my supervisor and say I want to transfer to your unit so we can work together okay man? I want to be here for you." I nodded and agreed with him. "Thanks man. Lunch?" He agreed and smiled. "Sounds good. I'll be here at 11:50?" I nodded and smiled when he said that before watching him leave.

Erin then smirked while looking at me. "What?" Erin just smiled. "Finally, some embarrassing military stories are on my way." I just groaned when she said that and shook my head. "Whatever." Erin laughed and smiled when I said that, getting back to work on our case.