Chapter Twenty-Three

Vote & comment ❤️❤️

Two years later the pack were having a cook out, it's summer once again,  most of the pack members are tending Beacon Hills community college to stay close to their pack, their home. But since it's summer they're going to live it up to the fullest. There's been no life threatening supernatural issues in years, maybe they can finally, finally enjoy their lives now. Or at least for a little while.

Derek and the beats were sparring, all of them have gotten better in a fight. Lydia was shopping and Stiles was watching his mate train.

"Dereeeeek, can we please go swimming now, it's too hot." Stiles whined.

Derek rolled his eyes, "You complain too much." He said with a smile, "But yes, everyone go clean up and get ready." Derek ordered.

"And you, mister, do not hug me until you have showered." Stiles said pointing a finger at his husband.

"I still can't believe you turn down a hug from Derek. All you could talk about when we were in high school was how you'd-"

"Okay. That's enough, buddy. Let's not talk about that." Stiles laughed, shutting Scott up.

"Oh let's talk about it." Derek smirked.

Scott chuckled at his friends, they weren't best friends by any means, not yet. They still have a long way to go for that, Stiles is just grateful that he's back, that he's better and changed; changed back into the kid he knew way before the supernatural fucked everything up.

Scott has been back with the Hale pack for a year now. Proving he is worthy of a pack, worthy to be friends with again.

~~

* Flash Back one year ago*

Stiles and Derek were at the store buying food for the week, since they have a big pack with even bigger appetites they usually had to go every week.

"Hey pops." Stiles answered his phone.

"Hey, kiddo. I need you and Derek to come to my house, now."

"Why? Is everything okay?" Stiles asked concerned.

"Yes- yes. everything is fine, there's someone here to see you." He tells his son.

Stiles nodded, "Okay, Derek and I are at the store, we will be there as soon as were done."

"Okay, kid. Love you."

"Love you too, dad." And Stiles hung up.

"Who would be here to see you?" Derek asked, brows furrowing.

Stiles shrugged, "I don't know, but lets get these groceries loaded and go see."

~~

Twenty minutes later Stiles and Derek rolled up in front of his child hood home, there wasn't a car in the drive way besides his dads cruiser.

"Can you get a scent?" Stiles asked when he fumbled out of the Camaro.

Derek breathed in deeply and shook his head, "No."

Stiles walked in, "Hey pops, who is-" Stiles froze, he didn't think he'd ever see the boy whos sitting on his couch again. Derek flashed his eyes, growling.

"Stiles. Derek."

It took a few moments for the silence to break, "What- what are you doing here?" Stiles asked.

"I'm back, the alpha I was with said I was ready to come home." Scott explained. "And seeing as Derek is the alpha and you're the alpha-mate, I wanted to tell you guys I was here, I didn't want it to be a surprise, well more than a surprise then it is now and I didn't want you to hear it from someone else."

Derek nodded, "thank you, Scott. We appreciate that."

"I can't believe you're here." Stiles whispered.

Scott nodded fast with a smile, "neither can I. It's been years, but I've learned a lot, I've changed. I know you are not going to forgive me so soon, I don't blame you. It will take you and everyone else time to do so. I'm willing to wait."

"I don't know what to say.. or do." Stiles tells the boy.

"You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to let you guys I'm back in Beacon Hills, I also want to apologize, Stiles."

Stiles takes Derek's hand and squeezes.

"I- I am so sorry. I should've known you were in danger, not because I was your alpha, but because you were my brother, my best friend since third grade. I should've known, and if it wasn't for her- for Allison." Scott spat her name. "Then I would've found you, but I am grateful that Derek and the others got to you before he- Gerard killed you. I'm sorry for not being there." Scotts voice cracked, tears threatening to spill. "I hope one day you can forgive me, and accept me as your friend again, maybe one day you won't hate me anymore. I will never forgive myself for how things went down, ever. I will have to live the rest of my life knowing I almost let you die. I hate myself every single day for it."

Stiles stood there, tears flowing down Stiles' rosy cheeks. Stiles didn't think, he just walked over to Scott sat down beside him and hugged the boy, Scott's tears spilled down his own cheeks.

"Thank you, Scott. Thank you for apologizing- thank you for realizing that- that you did mess up." Stiles said between breaths and sobs. "I don't hate you, I don't think I ever will or could no matter how hard I try to, I just can't. I just act like I do because it's easier than admitting that I miss you. You were my best friend Scott; my brother."

Derek and John shared a look, both eyes glossing over. Derek's phone rang and he cleared his throat before answering, "hello?"

"What's going on? We can feel the sadness and worry through the pack bonds." Peter rushed out.

"We're fine, Peter. Scott's back, he and Stiles are talking." Derek told his uncle.

"Did he do something to Stiles? I swear to god-"

"Peter." Derek cut him off. "Everything's fine. They're just talking. We will fill you in later." And with that Derek hung up.

"I'm so sorry Stiles, I swear I never meant to hurt you." Scott choked out, whipping his eyes.

"It will take time for me to trust you again, for all of us to trust you again. But we can hang out a little at a time to see how it goes." Stiles tells him.

Scott looked up with big hopeful puppy dog eyes, you mean it?"

"Of course I do."

"Thank you, Stiles." Scott said hugging him again.

*End of flashback*

"Hurry up everyone! Let's go swimming!!!" Stiles shouted excitedly.

"Stilinski, if you keep yelling, I will choke you." Jackson growled annoyed.

Stiles wiggled his eyes brows, "sounds like a good time."

Jackson fake gaged, Erica laughed.

Derek chuckled at his misfit pack, they've came along way, but they're finally a whole, loving, happy, Misfit pack.

TO BE CONTINUED...
vote & comment 🧡