Chapter 19 - The last goodbye

So sorry for the wait darlings but I already told you my reasons in the authors note. So after this chapter, it's only one left. It's really sad but I still feel like it's a good ending to this book. Please let me know if you want me to do a Thoring Oakenshiel fanfiction cause I don't think I'm ready to leave middle-earth just yet hehe.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of Tolkiens characters or his world nor ddo I claim to.

Hope you will enjoy Xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain.

A warning signal your nerves send to your brain, so it will know that something is wrong.

Pain.

A feeling that can block out all your other sences, demanding your utmost attention.

Pain.

The only thing that can make you want to die.

I had been fighting in multiple wars, lost my brother, been rejected by my mate, been taken over by the darkness itself.

But I had never, ever felt this amount of pain before.

I was drowning in it, sinking. It flowed through my veins, seeped through my pores. Every cell in my body felt it and I wanted nothing more than to let go. To be released.

I wanted to die.

But I couldn't let myself, I would not die until I knew that I had done what I needed to do. I had to make sure that my task was fullfilled, that my death wouldn't kill the person I had protected in my stomach for months.

"Come on, Mer! Push!"

I was breaking. But I kept pushing while screaming out my lungs. Apparently, giving birth was a hard thing for elves and sometimes the mothers didn't make it out alive.

I doubted that I would too.

The sweat was pouring down my forehead and the tears were flooding down my cheeks. I knew that Thranduil could feel every bit of pain that I felt, cause I didn't have the strenght in me to block the mate bond. I also knew that he was seconds away from breaking the door that kept him outside.

Suddenly the pain intensified for a second before it abruptly lowered into a small throbbing. It was completely quiet until a small cry echoed in the room. I opened my tearfilled eyes to see an elleth holding a small infant in her arms. A jolt of love and caring rushed through me and I smiled at the sight of my child.

"Congratulations, my queen. It's a girl"

She was perfect in every way possible.With big green eyes as my own and golden hair like Thranduil, she was the perfect combination of both of us. I tried to reach out for her, but my arms wouldn't listen, they just stayed unmoving on the bed. The healers surrounding me started to understand that something was wrong, as they hurriedly ran up to me and started to ask me questions while gathering healing supplies.

But I found myself unable to answer the question as black spots invaded my vision. The feeling of weakness took over and I felt so increadibly tired as I struggled to maintain conciousnness.

The healers called out for me to stay awake and a few seconds after, the face of Thranduil came into my sight. I gave him a smile as he joined the healers with begging me to keep my eyes open.

And I tried. Now, when the pain was over, the will to live took over every thought in my mind. I refused to leave this life behind, when I had just recieved it. If I died, then I would never see my daughter grow up, never hear her first word or watch when she takes her first steps.