Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Mariah's Pov

I knocked on the door. I knew he was here because I seen his car in the driveway. His mom Taylor answered. I used to call her Mrs. Anderson until she told me to call her by her first name.

I smiled a warm polite smile,"Hello Taylor." She smiled back but then looked me up and down and I could feel my whole body tense up. What if she doesn't like what I'm wearing.? What if she bans me from ever seeing her son again? What if she thinks I'm a slut?

"Mariah you look beautiful." She said pulling me into a big hug. I felt my nerves relax once she said that.

"You do too as always." It was true Taylor had beautiful golden brown locks. Her face was flawless no wrinkles or anything. She always wore this summer breeze lip gloss that brought out her brown eyes and mascara with a little blush she was never into all the extra.

"Why thank you daughter.!" She said and moved to the side a little to let me in. I was always close to Nicks mother. She was always there for no matter what happened between me and Nick and she was like another mom to me and I'm like the daughter she never had.

"Hows your father?" My father was basically the one who took care of me and my thirteen year old sister. Our mom was still alive but she was always on business trips. So we never get to see her but its okay we can manage.

"Hes fine." I said and glanced at the steps.

"Nicks here right?" I asked.

"Yes hes upstairs in the gym." She said pointing up.

"Okay well I'm gonna go see him." I smiled once more.

"Okay sweetheart." I ran upstairs as fast as I could. I swerved through hallways trying to remember where the gym was. Then I finally found it. I opened the door to see Nick in just gym shorts punching and kicking away at a punching bag. He only does this when hes mad.

"Nick..." I said trailing off.

"What do you want? Matter of fact why are you here wouldn't you much rather be with Jake while he bangs another girl?" The old me would have flinched at his cruel words, but the new me wasn't fazed by them.

I sat down on one of the mats.

"Were really over this time. He tried to get back with me but I refused." I told him honestly.

He stopped punching the bag and looked over at me.

"Mariah? Is that you? Since when do you dress like that?" He asked and I could of sworn I saw lust flash through his eyes, but I'm sure I'm mistaken.

"Nick ill get to that later. First do you accept my apology?" I asked poking out my bottom lip.

"Uhh I don't remember you actually saying I'm sorry." He said grabbing a towel and seating next to me with a smirk.

"Why must you be so difficult?" I whined.

He had an amused look on his face,"Mariah you really are beautiful." He said and I laughed.

"I'm hungry.!" I complained.

He looked down at his lap for a minute before looking up and smiling,"Lets go get some food then best friend." I jumped up and grabbed his keys before he got the chance to.

Nick's Pov :)

I was smiling on the outside but I was beating myself up on the inside. How could I be so stupid to think she could ever want me. I mean I use to think that I had a chance when she use to dress all.............well you know but now she looks better than hot shes amazing and all that hope I had got washed down the drain.