chapter 18

" Soo ...what's the plan? " Ella asked out, waiting for some acknowledgment from both of us, but Lauren just pointed her finger my way, eyes glued on the road. Looking at her, I swore she had that slicky smirk lifting up corner of her lip. I just rolled my eyes.

"Well, it's going to be fun," I shifted on my passenger seat to have better view at Ella sitting behind me, "that's all I can say for now."

"Wow, such a mystery," Lauren sarcastically said, mocking my voice tone while she pulled her car down into the parking lot.

"We are going to spend a lovely day together, smarty head," I shot my stone gaze at Lauren that nonchalantly ignored me. Lauren's window automatically rolled down as she grabbed the ticket for the parking and slowly continued ahead till we found some empty place inside of this huge underground garage. When she switched off the engine, it was a sign to get out of the car.

As I got out of the car first, I opened the door for Ella and montioned with a bow she's free to step out.

Lauren automatically locked her fine Tesla and threw the keys into her bag. She looked at us, a small smile lighting her face up as we approached her together with Ella, holding hand in hand.

I showed off my arm her way so she could wrap herself around it and so she did, comfortably snuggling into the right side of my chest. I kissed the top of her head and soon we found the exit from the garage.

There was no trace of snow from yesterday like it never happened. Everything melted away and within disappeared the memories of the accident. Still the weather was bit itchy and freezing but otherwise a warm coat and fuzzy beanie can handle anything. Ella wasn't questioning my beated up face too much, of course she was curious but we managed to create a believable story of me tripping over my own shoe and cutting my lip through against the table. Something I could actually do. The lip felt a bit swollen with purplish fade on the cut but that was the only reminder of our encounter. The rest is just a history. We already forgot about it. We both did.

"Before we officially start our date today, I want to point some rules," making a long theatrical break, I continued, "there's no rule."

With that being said, I clapped my hands together. "Let's get started."

Ella excitingly jumped up and down.

"First stop.. the burgers at Dixie's."

Lauren frowned upon the name.

"Never heard of them," she stated, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"The best street food in the town," I assured with smile, looking ahead of me, "I hope your tummies are starving."

After a short walk, we ended up in our first destination, in a much quieter place and out of the afternoon's city sounds. Between the buildings of the local shopping centre, as the parking lot ends and the other building begins, there was this odd place filled with old vintage train vagoons simultaneously moderated into the half circle. You could smell the food from the miles and the closer you came the more it intrigued your nostrils. People stood around the small tables, chatting and enjoying their food and some of them even bopped their heads to the rhythm of the music floating through the few speakers spread across the place. The vagoons were hand made painted by the owners and if you wanted, you could easily put a mark and draw something onto the wood or the ground with a chalk pastels. That's what you call a creativity freedom.

I could see how Lauren slowed down, completely stunned by the scenery, she stopped on the track and inhaled the energy of this place. Our steps led to first of the vagoons with Dixie's name on it and I recognized a familiar face from afar. He didn't change a bit. As soon as he caught my eye, his hands immediately flew over his brown curly hair. His grin covered half of his face.