chapter 14

,,Where do you want me to drive you?"

Camila has been driving across the city centre for a thirty minutes straight. I was looking through the window; attempted to watch a city lights but mostly did I find myself looking at my own reflection. My eyes have been wandering everywhere so much that I kept ignoring Camila's unstoppable need to know my destination. I wasn't doing it on purpose, of course not. I just got lost so easily. Camila turned up the radio when The Weeknd's "As You Are" started playing.

,,Why are you all so freaky about Abel?" suddenly I asked to Camila and she surprisingly shot her head at my direction.

,,I thought you bit your tongue off."

She turned down the volume now although she's been still singing quietly along side that song.

,,You got some pretty voice, though."

,,Thank you," I caught a glimpse of her smiling, ,,actually everyone sings in our group."

,,Except me," bitterly said I leaned my head to the seat, facing the road in front of me.

,,Stop with this negativity or I will kick you out from my car," Camila told me, bumping her fist to my shoulder, ,,and it's not a joke."

,,Okay, Hercules, " caressing that hit spot, I showed her off my grinning teeth, ,,better?"

,,You look like a psychopath," she terrifiedly eyed me. She rather focused back on the driving.

,, Nothing I wouldn't already know," I truthfully confessed to her and she just shaked her head, laughing.

,, That's probably a reason why you proudly belong between us."

,, I guess so," turning my head at her, I gave her a tiny smile through my own misery I've fell into. I noticed her concerned look the moment her eyes dropped down on my cheek. That goddamn bruise.

,, Are you sure you're good?"

,, Don't worry, I will be."

Camila's black Nissan slowed down as she turned to the parking lot in front of residential buildings. I didn't even remember how did we got there. This just proved me how much I blacked out for the last hour or so. One moment I was sitting in café shop, crying upon Camila's shoulder and the next time I'm suddenly in the middle of nowhere. I didn't recognize this part of the city but those buildings seemed to be pretty expensive. With puzzled face, I raised my left eyebrow at Camila.

,,Look, I gotta go to work," Camila has started with explaining, ,,and this was the first idea that popped in my mind."

I tilted my head out of the window for a better view from the car; those eight floored buildings were very similar to each other and I still couldn't tell if I should be scared or not.

Camila exhaled loudly.

,,Lauren's apartment is on the third floor at the end of the hallway, you will easily find it."

,,So you drove me to Lauren's."

I sounded quite disappointed without any racial reason; it was just me that tried to runaway from everybody although they haven't done nothing bad. Lauren was probably very worried about me.

,,You know damn well that this is the safest place for you."

,,I know," confessing quietly I threw my head back to the seat. Camila was right.

,,Are you gonna call her?" she carefully asked me.

,,Are you gonna tell her? I answered with another question.