chapter 4

After I came home I found my mom half asleep on the sofa in the living room. Television was playing some random shits whilst mom peacefully slept and me? I was on the edge of happiness and...I don't know how should I describe this weird feeling in my stomach everytime I think about Lauren. There are so many things I would like to know about her; her mysterious aura is still somehow flying around her that makes me even more curious. And let's not mention our famous, yet unknown for me, the HARMONY club. Like I said, I need to discover every detail to satisfied my cravings.

When I saw time on the screen on my phone, my mood frozed. It was almost 11pm and I had to wake up in less than 5 hours to go to lovely work.

„You're finally home, where have you been for so long?"

My mom was suddenly awake but she couldn't hide the fact she still slept inside as she had barely opened eyes.

„I stopped for a coffee after work with my friend," I said, giving my backpack in the corner of the room. I undressed from jacket that ended in the same place. I was already so tired and didn't want to waste my energy for unnecessary things like these.

„Since when do you have friends?" my mom quietly asked, almost in a whisper . I gave her my death glare even though she had eyes closed.

„Goodnight," I didn't answer her stupid question and rather went to my room. I closed the door behind me, looked around empty room and started slowly undressing. After short shower I fell to the bed, giving up to the weight of dreams and fastly drifted to the sleep.

It all felt like only ten minutes ago when my phone has started buzzing onto desk.

With my closed eyes I reached after the phone but I failed. I tried once again but my hand flew on the ground. I was lame as fuck. I wanted to die.

I somehow made myself to actually sit on the matress.

„I got you, fucker," I cursed after taking my phone, unlocking the screen I had two messages from Lauren. I thought I'm gonna throw the phone away when I found out my alarm wasn't the one buzzing. It was because of Lauren's texts. I didn't know what to do; if should rather kill myself or cry when I noticed time in the right corner of the screen. 3.30am. I still could sleep for more than hour.

I opened the messages from Lauren.

Lauren: Good morning :)

Lauren: Are you up?

I definitely wanted to cry. I swear to God I will kill her.

Me: If you are awake that doesn't mean the other person does not SLEEP.

I send her message back, threw phone on the desk and stood up from my bed. She woke me up. I couldn't fall asleep again so I opened windows, letting some cold morning wind to enter my room. Lauren's name popped out on the screen. Do I even wanna read it?

Lauren: I just wanted to be sure you didn't block my number.

Me: With texting at 3 am? And why should I do that? Go sleep.

Lauren: I'm already on the way to work. Sorry for waking you up :(

I smiled at the message. I shouldn't be so harsh on her.

Me: No, don't be sorry. I was just pissed but I guess I can't be angry at you for more than ten seconds.

Lauren: Ten seconds? God, I'm so good.

Me: Don't flatter yourself.

Lauren: My friends wanna meet you btw.

Me: Friends?

Lauren: Yeah, friends are people who you share your life with, experiences and stuff like that. Wanna hear longer description?

Me: Really funny -_-

Lauren: Don't be butthurt, I was joking.

Me: I'm not.

Lauren: Of course, shitty pants ;)

I threw the phone away again. Can someone explain me why am I still texting with her? I COULD SLEEP !!!

I hadn't answered her back and rather went to choose clothes for today's shift. After morning routine, I changed into grey t-shirt with black sweatpants and pull the red warm hoodie through my head. When I turned attention to the phone, I got six new messages.

Lauren: Did you like really left me on the read?

Lauren: Are you ignoring me now or what?

Lauren: You know I didn't mean that. I'm sorry.

Lauren: C'mon, don't ignore me.

Lauren: Where are you now when I need yaaa.

Lauren: Fuck you, girl.

I went downstairs to the kitchen, sat behind the counter and poured myself cup of water. Mom came here too, already dressed in black skirt with white blouse and she probably will go with her favourite fluffy coat.

„Why are you smiling? Who are you texting with?"

I was under her attack of questions. I rolled my eyes, picked the bowl for my breakfast cereals and milk.

„It's friend, mom."

„That one you mentioned last night?"

I was surprised how she remembered that I actually told her something like this. I thought she wasn't even in her state of mind and dreamed about young Johnny Depp. Guess I was wrong.

„Yeah," I didn't added more details and played it cool.

I poured milk to the bowl and immediately started eating. I did not give her any chance to keep asking me another questions that she would very gladly love to know. With full mouth I flashed her innocent smile saying „leave me alone, mom. I'm eating my breakfast."

She let me eat as I hoped she would and took her laptop with breakfast box. She usually eats during driving. I know, not very wise and secure for her but she always says she saves important minutes for sleeping. On the other hand, she always gets stucked in traffic jams in the streets so she uses this as opportunity for breakfast. We all have our routines.

„Have a good day, sweetie."

She kissed me on forehead, what made me cringe since I'm not very touchy person. Not gonna mention the fact I was already 21. My mom daily shutted me down with phrase „I always gonna be your mother" so I stopped fighting and let her be happy. What would kids not do for their parents, right?

„You too, mom."

„Bye," she waved me, grabbing her stuff and then I heard door closed.

I finished eating cereals, checked new posts on Instagram and finally answered Lauren's message.

Me: You would love to.

Lauren: Look who's alive...

Me: Sorry

Lauren: You will pay for this, soon or later. Don't forget.

Me: I don't think so.

This was the last message we shared as I left house to go work, too. Till this time, I haven't had any idea what she exactly meant with those words but later I found out. She wasn't lying at all...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note:

Hey, guys :) This is my first child so bear with me, I'm really trying to do good .

Love all the way X