chapter 16

"It was pretty good," I told Lauren as we slowly pulled out through the cinema's entrance doors.

Ella had sleepover at Jo's house with all of their friends like she promised us. After the school, Jo's parents picked them out and they will spend two nights together which means two nights with Lauren all alone. Ella will be back on Saturday morning. Of course Jo's parents planned everything all out to safely drive each girl home. We should be awaiting her around lunch time like they said.

Lauren took her days off from the club for the rest of the week and the girls in revenge invited themselves for the weekend to Lauren's apartment. I was surely much "excited".

It was Thursday night now and for everyone's surprise we got the first snow of the year. Actually, it has been snowing since early morning and the streets were already under the white blanket as the snow kept crisping under our slip soles. We decided to take a cab if the situation might get worse but for now we enjoyed this late night walking, hand in hand, while the snowflakes tickled me on my face.

"Pretty good?" Lauren looked at me, widely grinning.

"What's that for," I walked first from the doors to hold them for Lauren and another older couple that has been behind us. They nicely thanked me and I gave them my humbling smile in reward.

Putting my beanie on my head, Lauren did the same.

"Baby, you fell asleep there," Lauren wrapped her hand under my armpit, snuggling to my side, "you don't have to pretend you liked it."

Slightly blushing, I cleared my throat.

"I don't think so, you probably just mistaken me with someone else."

"Then tell me who was snorting next to me for a good hour?"

Lauren's been looking ahead of her, smiling in a victory.

"Okay, maybe I did fall asleep," I admitted, "but definitely not for a whole hour."

"Yeah, you're right," she charmingly looked at me now, "it was for more than a hour."

I just rumbled something under my nose, keeping my eyes on the road whilst Lauren sarcastically pinched me on my waist.

"Ohh, look at your grumpy face," Lauren also tried to pinch me on my cherry cheek but she missed as I moved my head to other side.

"I'm not grumpy," I answered, obviously unamused and pretty grumpy.

"Yes, you are," she glued herself even more to my arm, "you are my grumpy bear."

"Wow, I'm honored."

The moment we locked our eyes together, we burst out loudly chuckling at ourselves.

Kissing the top of her beanie, we were walking on the empty streets. As some minutes passed by, I blurted out out of nothing.

"That movie sucked."

"I know."

We still got a good half an hour way to home but we weren't rushing. I think Lauren has been loving these late night walks so far. We didn't have to talk about anything, we were good with each others company and holding our hands.

The sky was darker like it would be painted with just black color, without no lights nor a slice of the moon. The snowflakes bigger than my thumb have been serenely falling on the ground as the cold freeze kept icing my freaking nose. I bet I had to look like a "Rudolf" the reindeer; the one with his red nose. The small cafès or restaurants were filled with many people and when I offered a coffee to Lauren, she simply rejected.