chapter 8

This is it. The time' s over. There is no way to runaway and only fool would do that.

I was standing in the bathroom, staring to the mirror, water sprinkles falling on the floor. Some of them were slowly running down my face, finding its way on top of my nose and then they simply dissapeared on white paving. I wrapped myself to the towel, taking another glance on my body and cringed. No no no... Not today, Satan.

I focused on the night that was coming like a storm that has been reported to come tomorow morning. I dried my short dark brown hair and finished this process with the rest of my body and I could already tell I've been sweating a lot. I left the bathroom in my panties and tank top covering my half naked torso.

Through the opened window, cold autumn wind crashed inside the room, making my whole body tensed on foot with goosebumbs all over it. Serious dilemma hit me right there when I opened my wardrobe and I needed to pick some outfit.

Okay, I'm going to strip club...well, dance club so... no big deal, right? From what I've heard, there's mostly the high society of the town so no sweatshirts, hoodies, homeless kind of looking stuff and etc. That means half of my clothes are not usuable. Wonderful.

I cursed as I was nervously biting my nail. I choosed to go with vintage yellow shirt, black denim trousers and white converse. I returned to the bathroom, already changed, so I brushed my hair and added some shots of fragrance. As I looked myself up for the last time, I harshly messed my hair with hands, giving it little bit of freshness. I left my room soon before I would start judging every inch of myself. It was better that way; as for my mood, so for my health. I grabbed a wallet, a phone, the keys and my favourite black leather jacket.

„Where are you going, young lady?" my mom asked me when I walked down to the living room. She was hidden under some pinky blanket on the couch, drinking probably hot tea with couple inches of rum and watching television. Animal documentary. Seriously?

„Uhm...out?" I told as if it wasn't much obvious to her. I turned around on the heels to face her.

She got that motherly suspicious look plastered on her face. I panted.

„What?"

„This isn't what I want to hear," mom clarified to me.

„I'm going out with frie...," I stopped in the middle of that sentence since the picture of HARMONY club flashed in front of my eyes. Shit, it's hitting me really hard...

I cleared my throat and finished a better version. „I'm going out with Lauren and some of her friends to the town."

„When did you start dancing and clubbing? my mom kept her suspicious expression, telling me that she needed more details.

„I've never told that I dance. I'm just going to the club with her, maybe it will be funny."

I put my fake smile on. Of course it will be funny...

„When will you come home?" mom sipped on her hot tea while she focused on television.

„I-I don't know honestly... morning I guess."

„Be careful and don't make stupid things, okay?" it sounded more like an order than a question. She stated the rules that I had to accept.

„Yes, madam," I saluted to her and made her laugh. At least we eased the tension with my weirdness.

I dressed into the jacket, took a glass of water and drank it in one sip. Maybe a glass of vodka would be better , though.

„Mom I'm leaving," I told her before opening the door, „see you later. Bye."