- Chapter 4 -

Asami pov

"So kiddies! You're not a class of three, in fact you're a class of eight! There are five other students from your old school who will also be attending here. Maybe you know them, maybe you don't, but they'll be here come next week." Kayama sensei stated

"Sensei, do you know their names?" I asked she hummed. 

"Uh...no. I wanted us all to officially meet when they arrive! Anyway, we're joining class 1-A for today, so up we go. You too Yasu-chan!" nodding the three of us followed after our sensei meeting Ectoplasm and Cementoss along the way to class A.

"And that is why from today onwards we'll be having each of you come up with at least two of-"

"YOUR VERY OWN SPECIAL MOVES!!" Kayama sensei interrupted Aizawa sensei as she struck a pose, her work clothes stripped off and her hero suit back on.

"Did...did she have that on underneath this entire time..?" Kichi and Momo mumbled I sighed internally cringing.

"Don't...don't question it..." we entered the room to see basically all of class 1-A cheering about upgrading their quirks.

"Special, and in other words the technique that will assure your victory." Ectoplasm began

"These techniques must be deeply ingrained in who you are. Techniques that do not satisfy the requirement will not be allowed. To battle will be to leverage one's own unique strength!" Cementoss added in a word of his own as well.

"These techniques become symbols of who you are. Nowadays, professional heroes without their own special moves are like an endangered species!!"

"We'll go into more detail later with live exercises. Go change into your costumes we'll meet at gym gamma." Aizawa sensei finished off about to head out when he stopped "Oh and take note. Special class S will be joining us today." he motioned with his head to us at the door.

"Oh? Asami-chan! Daiski-kun! And who is this adorable one?" Mina asked smiling at Momo who looked awe struck.

"Yasushi Momoko." she muttered.

"Momoko...? Yaomomo!! There's another Momo!!" Mina laughed looking back at her Momo before looking down at our Momo. 

"Oi, stop wasting time." Aizawa sensei sighed as he passed us and left the room

"See you guys down there then." I waved catching Shoto's eyes easily. He nodded even though he was walking towards me. I turned leaving the classroom to head to gym gamma first. 

We had different locker rooms than the girls since Momo needed help to change when she was training with us. Not to mention, the boys were only separated by a row of lockers. Hopefully we only had respectable classmates. One Mineta in U.A. was enough.

"Sami-chan, please help with these." Momo wheeled over showing me a support device similar to Kazuo's own that wraps around the waist. Hers looks a bit more...complex though.

"Sure, but...how?"

"Ah, you're clipping them around my waist, knees and ankles! I'll never walk on my own again so Hatsume-san and I developed this for when I have classes like this one." She beamed. I sighed smiling softly and ruffling her hair "You always were our little inventor."

With a bit of help from Kichirou we managed to get Momo in her support gear.

"We can let go now, right?" Kichi asked. I nodded and we stepped back from Momo allowing her to try and walk. The metal lit up and we saw the gears turning before it lifted her foot and helped her take a first step. Then another, and another until she was slowly walking around.

"It works! Haha! It works! Okay! Let's go!" Nodding we headed to gym gamma where we met class 1-A already training.

"Looks like we missed the lecture." I hummed "I'll be back. I'm going to bring sensei to ask what we're doing here." I quickly ran to where Aizawa sensei stood. "Sensei, we're here. What do we do?"

"Right, you three. Midnight was the supervisor but..." we glanced over seeing her with Mina. "Anyway come on I'll explain for all three of you at once." We went back to the others. "Right. You three basically have new quirks. Instead of special moves you're going to test what you can do. Yasushi, your quirk though healer based can be used in wide ranges. You're to find out what one of these rangers besides the basic physical  touches are. " Momo nodded anxious excitement showing on her face.

"Daiski. We know your physical capabilities and your physical limits, time to test out your quirk, both old and new. Same goes for you Todoroki. Your flames have increased, does it mean your ice has decreased? Find out. None of you are to go overboard with training."

"Yasushi you're going to have more than one Ectoplasm clone with you. Daiski, you're to be close to Aoyama, Shoji and Tokoyami. Todoroki, you're beside your brother, Kirishima and Iida. Both of you will have a clone as well but you're allowed help from the students also. Get going now, time is precious."

"Hai!" I quickly ran off to Shoto. Cementoss created a pillar to stand on and Ectoplasm had a clone quickly join me. I was instructed to first sit and feel for the difference in my quirk. So that's what I started with.

Immediately I knew that the fire side in my quirk had increased, this wasn't new to me. The ice side was the same as well then there was the new quirk within my flames. I knew how to tap into it to activate it but when I did a pulse went through me. I grunted at the way my muscles tensed and my body stiffed as the quirk was brought to the surface.

"Hold fast, Todoroki, you need to relax. You're activating the quirk too forcefully this will cause pain." Ectoplasm placed his hand on my shoulder "Relax, go back to the part of your quirk that you're used to." listening I slowly switched to my fire quirk making my body relax instantly.

I hunched forward, panting and sweating. Steam was rolling off my body and it hurt to move even a little. I was physically exhausted already and I doubt I had activated the quirk for more than 3 minutes, if even a minute.

Sighing I went back into position and tried again. Instead of trying to activate it this time I just felt it. Like...I tried to understand the difference of it. It was flames, but it had no temperature... it felt like my hand disappears within it or it touches something solid. I envisioned the black flames in my mind and what I've done with it thus far. I've used it to protect myself or hide away. Shadow flames...it acts as both a cover and a defense, plus it can form ice. Maybe....

I opened my eyes and placed my hands on the ground, instead of thinking too much on the fire aspect of the flames. Instead I focused on the ice. I dragged my hand along the ground and after it black flames spouted grey almost black ice forming between them.

"Ah, you've figured it out. As I have observed, though flames appear, it seems to gravitate more towards the burn of ice. Like the burn of frostbite in this case. It won't burn fast like fire, though the main source, it's a slow buildup of burning that comes from the ice. It looks quite sturdy too." Ectoplasm hummed watching the flames from all angles.

"It does seem that way..." I nodded at his observation of how I handled the flames. Honestly though sensei, I'm simply guessing...

"Good. Can you raise it higher?" I nodded and swept my hands over the shards of the ice which created a large wall between the both of us. I grinned, cheering "Yes! I did it!" I probably should have watched how close to the edge I was cause I fell over.

"Todoroki-chan!" Sensei panicked but I was already caught by the time he jumped over the ice.

"Dumbass! Be more careful!!" I smiled.

"Gomen, hehe." Kichi grew thick marks on his head as he set me down 

"That was not funny!!"