- Chapter 9 -

Third pov

The exams are over.

Everyone in class 1-A passed with the expectation of two. Bakugou Katsuki and Todoroki Shoto. Both were greatly annoyed and disappointed with themselves at this. Bakugou gritted his teeth enraged, besides wanting to pass for his own benefit. There was someone he wanted to prove something to!

FUCK!! It was the only fathomable thought his brain could muster. Even as Kaminari and Kirishima joked about him failing.

Shoto felt the same, but his thoughts were more along the line of disappointment in himself. He wanted to be able to show Asami his achievement today. To prove her words true, that he was one of her heroes... It seems that will not be the case and he had no one to blame but himself. He was childish in an exam of all places, trying to prove something he didn't have to and allowing past emotions to surface.

How stupid. Asami must be disappointed with my actions. I thought I was more mature than this. Tch. Fucking stupid, Shoto. The dual haired Todoroki looked down, huffing angrily before releasing a soft sigh. He needs to calm down...

"TODOROKI!!" Looking up Inasa was speeding his way to the shorter boy. He stopped a few steps from him, staring him down rather intensely. "GOMEN NASAI!!!!" Similar to how he apologized before the exam, Inasa slammed his whole head onto the ground as he apologized.

"Ha?!" Shoto was completely unsure of what to do. Part of him felt irritated too.

"It was entirely my fault that you didn't pass! My pettiness is to blame! Sorry.!" Shoto stared stunned. 

"No. I started it back then... there's no need for all of this. You approached me openly and honestly and helped me realize some things...also, I promised someone the next time I saw you, I'd apologize." Inasa looked up seeing Shoto bowing to him. "I'm sorry too. For my previous behaviour." Now it's his turn to be confused.

"Huh? What are you apologizing for?"

"Well, she told me I had to, because I shouldn't have ignored you back then..." 

"She? Oh! You have a girlfriend!!" Inasa smiled. He couldn't fathom how someone as cold as Shoto ould get a girlfriend.

"No... she's my baby sister." Inasa froze then he grinned wider, an astonishing feet for someone like Shoto who could barely make a normal smile, far less for a wide grin. 

"Your sister sounds awesome!!" and he was very thankful for that. Inasa doubted he wanted to deal with another Todoroki glaring at him like Endeavor and Shoto had done before. Inasa waved feverishly at Shoto as he shouted his goodbye's ensuring Shoto that he still hated him as he ran off, amusing Shoto.

Everyone was given their results of the exam back, showing where they went wrong. By this time Shoto's mind was filled with thoughts of how Asami would view him. His worry was back full force. Would she be disappointed? Would she scold him? Would she lose all faith in his ability to protect her? Would she no longer trust that he can protect her? Or comfort her or –

The announcement of a second chance to gain his provisional licenses pulled him from his doubts and caught his full attention. Shoto cleared his mind to listen intently. Once the announcement was over and everyone was walking out the building he was suddenly tackled into a hug by Asami. Confused Shoto looked down

"Asami what –" he stopped seeing and feeling her shaking "What happened?!" he looked up going back and forth between looking at Asami, who wasn't answering him, and looking at Kichirou who looked jumpy and tired.

Shoto hadn't noticed but he had yelled. Doing so caught the rest of the class's attention and they instantly noticed the state of the two kids. Now they're all worried.