- Chapter 14-

Third pov

Asami stood with her arms folded. She was highly unamused. Hawks was standing before her looking way to happy at eight in the morning.

"You've got to be joking Hawks. My internship doesn't begin until tomorrow, why are you here a day early?"

"I came to see you of course!" the bird boy grinned "When I heard you'd be with me for two days I couldn't wait to see you! And I thought I'd introduce myself So you won't feel uncomfortable around me!" Asami gave the man an unimpressed look.

Something about him meeting her 'out of excitment' felt off. She had no idea how right she was.

The hero commission had their eyes on the girl. They felt that she needed watching as the villain Dabi seemed to have an interest in her. Hawks wasn't having it. All he saw was a kid that got caught in too many villain attacks for her age.

One was too much for normal kids. Three is crazy. (A/N: just incase you're confused. The bombing. Hit by a quirk. The training camp. Hawks and other heroes saw the bombing as one incident and the three getting hit by a quirk as another.) But if he didn't go, they'd have sent someone else. So Hawks made an excuse and oust how they'd be meeting anyway.

But, the Comission pushed for him to have an alone day with Asami to earn her trust. They're lucky he also genuinelly wanted that as well

"Are you going to stand there and smile weirdly at me whole day? Or do you actually have things to say?"

Before Hawks could answer his phone rang. He confusingly pulled his phone out only for his eyes to widen

"Hold that thought little bird, it looks like we'll have to make a stop by my modeling company first!" Without warning Hawks grabbed Asami and took off into the air.

They flew at a speed that should have had the girl screaming but the air felt nice and Asami liked how the wind messed up her hair. Good thing she hadn't combed it.

They landed in front of a building where a woman waited impatiently for Hawks. As soon as their feet were on the floor she went off.

Oof! And I thought Fuyu-nee spoke fast.

The women was freaking out since their model suddenly got food poisoning and was vomiting over herself for the entire morning. Every time they thought she was finished she wasn't. Poor girl already destroyed three sets of the outfit.

"Nice skirt." Asami absentmindedly comments and the room was suddenly quiet. Looking up Asami found the woman staring at her with stars in her eyes.

"Hawks-san! I didn't know you knew Todoroki Asami-chan! Did you bring her here to replace the model?"

"Ah well no. She's just with me for the day."

"She's perfect! Todoroki-chan! Hello, I'm Miwa. Please be our model for the shoot!"

"Hello. How do you know my name?"

"You've been on the news before. I live close to where the bombing happened. I saw it all in person. You're a very brave girl Todoroki-chan..." Asami smiled as the woman bowed her head in respect.

"If I get to keep the outfits, I don't mind." Miwa beamed brighter if possible.

"You can keep them all! Let's get her into makeup and clothes!"

"You're answering to the old man and my brothers." Hawks sighed. He knew he definitely was.

»»»»»

Asami was now dressed in a fit that was supposed to be casual wear inspired by Hawks hero costume. A yellow skirt same colour as his jacket, a replica of his glasses on her head a black t-shirt with his wings printed on it. She liked it and then she added her own touch.

Net stockings with black shorts under and a black sleeve warmer on one hand. Good thing she did because she fell off the chair she was initially supposed to be sitting on.

"Wait! Don't get up! This is a great pose!" The photographer grinned. Hawks and Asami gave the man disbelieving looks. Asami snorted when she noticed a few of Hawks feathers floating around her, one even blocked her vision.

"Yes! More feathers Hawks!"

Asami changed clothes. This time wearing baggy dark red cargo pants, a black fitted thin strap and a yellow crop top that had two black suspenders on it. Hawks felt left out and put on the boys fit that matched hers.

Asami had fun doing the poses with Hawks, who one way or another kept blocking apart of her face from the photos. But the photographer was eating it up so much so he was squealing.

"I'm sure you tried your best but my family will still recognise me."

"I hope my life will be speared for keeping your face hidden." Asami smiled.

"Let's keep that hope alive."

»»»»»

Hawks offered Asami food once they finished their photoshoot. So the two were in the air on their way to Endeavour's agency as they ate fried chicken.

"You should teach me to fly."

"You know you don't have wings Asami-chan."

"I have flames."

"You can shape them?"

"I can try?"

"Mm. Sounds like fun, let's try it!" Asami smiled.

Once in the agency Asami was recognised once more by multiple people and sidekicks of Endeavour. She was a bit annoyed at how they kept staring at her as if she was a rare sight to see. Well she was, but not rare enough to be gawked at like this... unless they were staring at Hawks – nope, their eyes are on hers.

Sighing Asami didn't see the need to wait for Endeavour she found a changing room and changed into some gym clothes made specifically for her. She asked Burning for directions since Hawks bailed to find Endeavour.

"I don't recall you being in the hero class?"

"I'm in a special hero class. I'm interning right now. And since I was ditched would you train me until?"

"Train Endeavour's daughter...? ABSOLUTELY! LET'S GO!" Burning dragged Asami to a training room and then attacked the girl without warning.

Asami was laid on her ass fast but she didn't stay down. Burning quickly learned that her flames had no effect on the girl and turned up the heat. The room got steamy in seconds when fire and ice clashed together.

Though burning had more fighting experience, Asami was keeping up with defensive moves. She used ice as her shield and the steam they created to hide in. Neither of them noticed when Endeavour and Hawks had returned watching them

"Oh. That's got to hurt." Hawks chuckled when Asami got hit with a right hook.

Asami return the blow with her left fist covered in blue flames successfully distracting Burning enough to kick her back.
She rolled and stayed down – not that she had a choice, Burning was pinning the girl down.

"Not bad kid! You can defend yourself well. Let's up those offensive moves yeah?"

"Burning! You have her for the rest of the day. I want a report after!" Endeavour made himself known. While Burning was happy to comply Asami wasn't.

She was annoyed for all of three seconds before a ridiculous amount of excitement coursed through her. She almost giggled. A moment later her phone buzzed.

[Dai]:
You won't believe who I'm interning under!
...
EDGESHOTTT!!!!

Asami snorted shaking her head.

[Mimi]:
You dork. Have fun.

[Dai]:
Have fun too. Don't take on Endeavour too much, he'll give you wrinkles before you're 20.

Asami snorted before she put her phone away to give Burning her undivided attention. Burning grinned. She was about to put the girl through the ringer, but she had no doubt. Asami could handle it.