~Stupid Cupid - Chapter 19

After Nico told everyone what happened - Jason was smiling like a lunatic - including the thing about the first Cupid encounter, we all decided to understand it and move on. Nico really wasn't feeling that bad but he was feeling slightly discouraged. Everyone said their farewells and left but I stayed behind.

"Did... Did you really mean what you said about liking me?" I finally ask.

"Yeah. I did but I understand if you-"

"I would not have let you kiss me if I didn't like you, you goon!" I leap up from my spot and hug the son of Hades.

"Then, Skylar Rey Coast, will you go out with me?" Nico smirks and puts an arm around me.

Nico and I stay in his cabin hanging out until the dinner horn sounds. I sigh and pull Nico up to his feet with both of us whining in protest. We walk out of his cabin and to dinner hand in hand. Everyone stops talking and looks at Nico and I when we arrive. I look over at the Poseidon table where everyone is. Piper, Jason, Annabeth, Hazel, and Reyna are smiling; Frank is amused by, I'm guessing, Percy's red and displeased face.

The look in Percy's eyes is enough to make me laugh which breaks the silence. Several cabins burst into rounds of roaring whoops and hollers, others wolf-whistle, and the Aphrodite table squeal and exchange money. Nico lets out a short but angelic laugh and everyone stops.

"Oh my gods! Nico di Angelo laughed!" a random camper yells.

"Yeah and I'll do it again!" Nico shouts back and smiles widely showing off his perfectly white teeth.

There's a banging in the front. Every head in a twenty foot radius turns towards Chiron. The centaur bows his head and his tail flicks.

"I am here to congratulate the two demigods Nico di Angelo and Skylar Rey Coast for their success in the most recent quest. They have saved the world which seems to be a popular activity lately. As a reward from the camp, neither of you have chorus for a week and have one free day from all activities which you can choose." The Mess explodes in shouting and applause.

Just as Nico and I are about to sit down, a flash of light consumes us and we appeare in a giant marble palace in a room like a throne room. Twelve ten foot tall males and females sit in specially made thrones. There are four in front of us that stood out. Sitting in a fishing chair wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt was Poseidon, next to him is a bearded man wearing a storm cloud projection suit, next to them, a tall lady with straight raven black hair in a green shimmering dress, and then, in a smaller throne, a man wearing a black robe that seemed to shimmer with the faces of the damned.

"Young heroes, we have summoned you here to... Reward you for successfully coming back from your quest. We will let you ask for one thing and give it to you. Uh, with in reason of course." The man with the suit says.

"Wait. I'm guessing you're Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Hades, and the rest of the Olympians?"

"Yes. Was it not obvious?" Hades asks in a slightly bored tone.

"She's new, father. Let her adjust first." Nico says with a strained voice. I can tell he's trying not to be even slightly impolite.

"Fine, son. I am more lenient then my brother, Zeus. Though, you might have more luck with Mister Boat-Boy over there."

"Oh, Soul Sucker, be kind. We're celebrating our kids' success in a life threatening quest. This doesn't happen too often ya know." Poseidon is calm and completely chilled out unlike his brothers. 

"Really? I thought it was only a year ago that your son saved the world from Gaea and the year before that from the Titans. And Zeus's son helped with those wars as well." Nico clears his throat. "Ah, yes, and my son for shadow-traveling the Athena Parthenos half way across the world." Hades waves off Nico's insane accomplishment like he as saying: Oh, my son brushed his teeth today.