6

Tomás' POV:

"Why would you say that about him?" I spoke, in an annoyed tone, facing Sophie.

"It's not like I made it up. Everyone knows he's the little fag that tried it with Ej." she scoffed.

"Don't call him that."

"What, a fag? Well he is one isn't he? So what's so wrong with calling him what he is?" she responded.
I rolled my eyes and brought out my phone to distract myself.

"Does Ej know you guys are buddy buddy now?" she asked.

"Yeah... not to piss in your cereal but he can't sit with us when Ej's here and you know that Tommy." Edie added.

"Who fucking cares?" I replied, quite loudly, causing a few heads to turn. "Look, I bring one person to this table and Sophie scares them off within minutes and you all just let her? Thanks a lot for having my fucking back." I nodded, scraping my chair back and getting up.

"Tommy they didn't mean to-" Kamari started.
"Save it man. You staying quiet the whole time didn't help either." I dismissed him, walking off in the direction Nicolo went in.

I immediately went on my phone and texted him a 'where r u?' after seeing that his wasn't in the drama room. I should've known that he's smart enough to not actually say where he was leaving to.

Receiving a message saying "toilets", I turned on my heel and made my way to the toilets closest to the cafeteria.

Nicolo's POV:

I didn't know whether it would be a good idea to tell Tommy where I was going or not but I did anyway. It was embarrassing enough that he had to hear all that stuff about me which simply wasn't true.

I didn't want him to have that opinion of me at all. The thought of it made me nervous and the fact that my first impression on his friends was that, was even worse. Not that I cared what they thought of me that much, they're all friends with Ej anyway.

I splashed cold water on my face as it had turned a light crimson colour out of embarrassment. Thank god the toilets were empty.

"Hi." Tommy spoke upon spotting me as soon as he opened the door.

So much for the toilets being empty.

I brought my head up and looked at him behind me through the mirror. Not being ready to face him properly, I just replied with a simple, "Hi" back.

He frowned slightly and turned me around with his hands on my hips, "I'm sorry about Sophie, sometimes she can be... a lot? Even for me. She shouldn't have said things about you that weren't true, it was rude and uncalled for." he spoke, searching my eyes and I silently stared at him.

He had the prettiest brown eyes and I could tell that he was being genuine through his gaze upon me. It made me rather nervous to say the least, his hands were still gently holding me and I fought back a blush.

"It's okay, I get it." I replied, my voice slightly louder than a whisper.

He stared into my eyes for a second, as if to tell if I was telling the truth or not.

The butterflies in my stomach were exploding with all this eye contact, let alone the physical contact.

After a moment, he sighed and let go of me as he took a step backwards. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't much happier either.

Feeling the urge to change the topic, I asked, "Wanna see something?"

Tommy's eyes lit up as he nodded, his whole personality and aura resembled one of a golden retriever- it was adorable.