7

Nicolo's POV:

I paced around my living room making sure everything was neat and tidy, it was 6:30pm, Tommy would be here in half an hour and I was freaking out.

Just then, the front door opened. It was my dad and two men that I had never seen before.

"Hello?" I spoke upon their arrival.
"Ah Nicolo, you tidied up the house quite nicely, thankyou, you really didn't have to!" my dad smiled, looking around the house, "I just picked up your uncles from the airport, they're here momentarily, staying for just the night." he continued, gesturing towards the two men that I was staring at.

I kind of saw the resemblance but it was still strange.

"Nicolo!!! Do you remember us? We carried you when you were a small baby!" the slightly taller one spoke loudly, whilst the other one gave a hearty laugh.
"Don't be silly Lucian, of course he doesn't! It's been over 15 years! You've grown so big!"

"Ahaha uh yeah! Uh dad, my friend is coming over to study tonight. I texted you, didn't you see it?" I turned to my dad in panic. Where were we gonna stay now?!

"So that's why you tidied up!! My phone is dead. Just study in your room, we'll stay downstairs." he responded, dismissing me.

"Oh my god my room is a mess." I whispered to myself in panic.
"Nice to see you uncles! Bye!" I yelled, frantically running upstairs to my bedroom.

I swung open the door and stared at the utter state in front of me. My room was a tip.

It normally wasn't, but lately I hadn't been bothered, and it was all catching up to me.

Gathering all the clothes strewn across my bed and on the floor, I rolled them into a ball and shoved them in my closet. The odd smelling ones were thrown into the laundry basket and I grabbed the vacuum cleaner from the storage cupboard, immediately beginning to vacuum up the random bits of sharpener and various other things out of my carpet.

All of the ripped up papers and empty bottles and tissues on my table were swiped into my bin which was now overflowing so I had to take it outside to the trash.

I grabbed an antibacterial wipe on my way up and furiously scrubbed at my table, getting rid of the dumb drawings and doodles on the table and opened my window to let fresh air get inside.

By the time I was done it was 7 on the dot and I realised I was sweating from all the physical labour so opened my closet to grab a new sweatshirt, pulling the one I was currently wearing off and tossing it on top of the ball of clothes I had put in there earlier. I would sort them out later.

I pulled the new sweatshirt over my head and ran a hand through my hair before turning around to do a time check once again.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, freezing in my tracks.

Tommy was standing at my door, which was WIDE open enough for him to practically be in my room already.

"Hello to you too." he greeted casually.
"How long have you been standing there for??" I replied in slight alarm.

"Since you decided it was too hot so opened your window and gave me a striptease." he shrugged.
"Tommy!"
"In my defence I knocked, despite the door being wide open... your dad let me up." he responded.

"My dad... let you up into my room.... without telling me?!" I spoke in confusion.
"Pretty much yeah. I told you I'd be here at 7. It's 7." he replied, tapping his phone and showing me the boldly printed [19:00]

"Oh my god." I groaned in frustration, "Sorry we were meant to be downstairs but my dad seemed to have other plans." I explained.
"It's fine." Tommy said, taking off his backpack, "Not like I haven't been up here before." he shrugged.