12

In the process of Cole walking up to the door, regret filled his entire being.

He wasn't the surest of how he convinced himself that coming to Sophie's party was a good idea, especially not as 'the fag that tried it with Ej', but still, he walked into the house.

Cole's POV:

Bodies swayed drunkenly to the music that was practically ear shattering.

I did not belong here.

I walked through the house, looking for anyone I could consider a friend, or even an acquaintance.

A guy stumbled backwards, into my path- beer in his hand, "My bad bro, accident." he slurred.

"Joshua?" I asked, turning him around by the shoulder.

"Oh Cole- no way you're here!" he exclaimed, hugging me.

"Uh, I should be saying that about you surely? I thought you hated this group?" I questioned.

It was really odd seeing him here, of all places.

"Yeah man but they throw fucking awesome parties. Go on, go get a drink, we'll catch up later!" he saluted, staggering away.

That was weird.

"Who do we have here?" a girl asked me, grabbing my hand and taking me to some barstools.

"Um, Cole."

"Well aren't you cute Um Cole, I'm Vicky." she said, pushing me a drink and letting her hand rest on mine.

I wanted to vomit in my mouth.

No offence.

"We've met. You're in Romeo and Juliet- I've seen you on set." I told her.

"Stalking me then are you? That's kind of hot." she whispered.

My eyes widened, "Oh no no no, I'm g-"

"Cole!! Hey!" Mona greeted.

Thank god.

"Hi." I smiled awkwardly, Vicky was death glaring her.

"Mona." Vicky stated.

"Victoria, good to see you! I'm sorry but you aren't Cole's type." Mona smiled sweetly at the other girl.

I went to stand up, "Um I'm gonna go fi-"

Vicky grabbed my arm, "No, stay. Tell me, what is your type Cole?" she asked, running her nails up and down my arm.

"Me." Mona said pointedly.

Vicky scoffed and looked between the both of us in disbelief.

"Well it shouldn't be. Remember you're the understudy." Vicky snarled.

Mona didn't get the Juliet role.

Vicky got it.

Their rivalry had been going on since they met.

"You're the understudy in this moment." Mona told her, before turning to me, pleading with her eyes.

I knew what she wanted as she walked up to my seat.

And frankly, I found it disgusting.

The things I do for my friends.