Map, Glossary, & Pronunciation Guide

Map of Areysta

* Note: Areysta exists in the southeastern hemisphere of the planet, and therefore its northernmost reaches are the warmest areas known, and its southernmost reaches are the coldest areas known

Places

Areysta -- the land in which this story takes place; a continent on the southern hemisphere of this world; pronunced "Uh-RAY-stuh"

Atàlya -- a small kingdom that was conquered and absorbed by Lathéron in the 3700's SW; existed in modern-day southeastern Lathéron; pronunced "Uh-TALL-eeh-UH"

Amaira -- the human kingdom east of Orrín, well-known for its artistry in silk and jewelry, as well as its highly-efficiant military of female warriors, whom ride steeds known as the Adrai; pronunced "Uh-MY-ruh"

Dragon's Spine Wall -- the immense wall wrapped around Amaira's eastern and northern borders to defend the kingdom from attack by the eastern dwarves and the harpies by spotting incoming invasions and attacking approaching foes via various weapons, including catapults, arrows, burning tar, flamethrowers, and other specialized devices

Elorys -- the planet on which Areysta and Eletti exist; orbits a sun-like yellow star; has one large moon that influences the tides; has a collection of rings around its equator; days there last twenty-four hours and years last three-hundred-and-sixty-four days; has an atmosphere, gravity force, and climate identical to sixteenth-century Earth; pronunced "Eh-LORE-iss"

Fate's Mires -- a collection of mires on the west side of Vyrna's River, positioned between Na'bek, Isônna, Lathéron, and the northern side of the Doomfall Cliffs; used by the water elves as a resource deposit and a traditing route to Lathéron; according to legend, the mires are inhabited by will o'wisps, mystical spirits whom watch over the mires and lead intruders to their fates

Lathéron -- the northernmost human kingdom of Areysta; the kingdom our heroes were born in; pronunced "Luh-THAIR-on" (note that the 'th' has a sharp sound, like "thatchet," not soft, like "leather")

Luu'fenna -- the gulf bordering Na'fenna; its name means "Gulf of Balance" in Diri'so; pronunced "Loo-FEN-uh"

Luu'lír -- the gulf bordering Na'lír and Na'suuno; its name means "Gulf of Mind" in Diri'so; pronunced "Loo-LEER"

Luu'suuno -- the gulf bordering Na'suuno and Amaira; its name means "Gulf of Heart" in Diri'so; pronunced "Loo-SOON-oh"

Isônna -- the vast grassland on the northwestern area of Areysta; inhabited by nomadic herds of centaurs; pronunced "Eye-SOH-nuh"

Na'bek -- the kingdom of water elves, the geography of which is kept secret by them, but is speculated to be consisted of rivers and marshland; pronunced "Nah-BECK"