Chapter 9

Hailey looked at the stalker, the room looked different. The kill counting board and desk were gone, and there was a projector in the middle of the room. She saw the stalker had two things in their hands, in one hand there was a voice changer, and the other was a remote of some sort.
"Hello Hailey" the stalker put the voice changer to their mouth
"What. are we going to watch a movie before you kill? Netflix and kill?"
"I'll give you that, that was funny. But no, let me show you."  the stalker clicked on the remote, and on the projector showed a group of kids playing at the park. Hailey saw the footage, and recognized it, it was her as a kid, with her friends. Adrian, Garret, and Charlotte.

"I remember that day. My brother recorded that footage on his phone, how did you get that?" 
"Lets say I did some digging around. Do you remember this?" The stalker clicked the remote, and footage changed to young Hailey blowing out birthday candles.
"That was my 12th birthday..." Hailey didn't know what to think, how was the stalker getting this footage? she looked around and saw a laptop next to the projector, and on the floor was her brothers old camcorder, next to a box of CDs. 
"Correct Hailey. it was your 12th birthday. You know, I wasn't there. You never invited me, did you forget? Or did you just not like me. And for the longest time that's what i felt like. You never liked me Hailey, you always lied to me, I knew I should have never trusted you the moment we met. I was right, you think you are such a good friend right? You care for Garret, you care for Charlotte, you care for Adrian right? But no! you only care for yourself!" the stalker shouted out, they got up from their chair.
"I don't understand. What's going on? Why are you showing me this footage?"
"Are you really that stupid Hailey? Tell me! who is the most obvious fucking person to be the killer huh?! Tell me!" 

Hailey thought about it, she doesn't know. There was so much information cluttered in her head, it could be more than one stalker, Kurt could have been a stalker, Kenny could have been a stalker. Anyone could have been it, who could it be? One person could have killed Tanner, the other might have killed Stacy.
"Who keeps disappearing?! Who separates from you the most often?!  Who wasn't here the entire fucking time?!"

The stress was intense, Hailey began to tear up.
"I don't know!" 
"Oh really?! You don't know?!" the stalker dropped the voice changer. "Here's a hint Hailey" 
Hailey's eyes widened, her hands began to shake and the gun fell out of her hand. 
"No. you died, you were killed!"
"Oh was I? didn't know you were talking to a ghost then."
Garret and Charlotte came rushing down
"I heard yelling, is everything okay Hailey?" Garret asked
"Don't know, you tell me." the stalker said, their voice grabbed the attention of Garret and Charlotte
"No... No it, it can't be." Garret was in disbelief, all of them knew who it was.
"They, they are fucking with us right? You, you died."
"That's what Hailey said. And that's what you believe."
The stalker looked at all of them, they began to laugh. They then swept their fingers across their hood, removing it. They placed their fingers on the bottom of their mask  and lifted up, and the final process was simple enough, they put their fingers along the bottom of their ski mask and took it off, showing their pale white skin, and their greasy black hair. They were all in disbelief, Hailey dropped to her knees and her hands were shaking. The unmasked stalker laughed, their grin was wide, and their laughter was loud.
"It feels so good, not having to hide behind the mask anymore."

Everyone was silent, the stalker pulled their shirt to reveal the bullet wound. 
"I can't believe it... you really had us all fooled huh?" Garret said. 
They couldn't believe it, the stalker, was someone who they thought was dead, they were so easily fooled.
They would have never guessed that the stalker was Adrian Thompson