0.2: For Johnny

"If you're hungry for the sound of a lover saying sentimental things,
Try your wings,
Even the tiniest  bluebird
Have to leave its nest to fly."
- Blossom Dearie (Try Your Wings)

××××××××××

April kept looking at herself at the mirror, satisfied with today's look. Even if she wasn't the best at makeup, she would always enjoy giving herself some glitter here and there, in her mind, wearing makeup everyday wasn't necessary or something that at least she felt the need to do, but it definitely gave her a confident boost and get the energies up, making her  feel like one of those badass business women seen in movies, which were always a source of inspiration for her.

A

fter being done putting on the outfit for the day, making sure it was comfortable enough since she knew very well she'd probably be serving coffee and cleaning counters the entire day, and wouldn't want to do that in high heels. While putting some converse on, a knock was heard on the door to her room, at the same time it being opened by her roommate and best friend Holly.

"Make up your mind, you either knock or just barge in, but you can't do both." April told Holly in a mocking tone as she stepped into the room taking a seat at the corner of the bed. After being best friends since high school, April could never be thankful enough with Holly for all she did for her after everything that happened. They did go to different colleges and had a small falling out since we were both so caught up in our careers, but every time we could, they would hang out to speak about nothing and everything at the same time, and to them, it always felt like they spoke everyday.

Once  graduation came, both friends decided the best option would be to move in together since they had already lived together before anyway, and it made paying the bills easier for both of them.

"Well someone definitely woke up cranky today." Holly rolled her eyes and let out a soft chuckle as she made her way deeper onto the bed, making herself comfortable. "So, are you going to your little party today?" Wait. she made an 'o' shape with her mouth and raised her eyebrows giving April a knowing look while she just stared at her dumbfounded.

"How do you even know about it?" after staring at Holly for a little too long April went back to finish putting back all the clothes that had been thrown around while choosing today's outfit.

"Doesn't matter, and you should go! I know you never really were close with anyone but these are the people you graduated with. What if you are missing out on some great friendships, maybe a potential romance even." All that could be heard were Holly's giggles filling the room, sounding like a teenager at a sleepover gushing about how cute her crush looked that day at school.

"Stop it, none of the guys are interesting enough to date." April sighed as one of the many memories of college came back to her head.

It was a week before they had to present a final project for a class. There was a group of guys that were definitely not done with the project and most likely would not be able to present it. Want to know what they did? You might be thinking they went straight to work hard and pull many all nighters to make sure the project was presented on time, but wrong. Each of them slept with different girls to get them to finish the project.

The worst part is, it worked! And they got a good grade, so that just gave April a bigger reason not meddle with them.

"Well you might need to lower your standards sweetie, I hope you're not still waiting for your prince charming to show up in a white horse carrying a bouquet of pink roses to show up just like that, like you dreamed of back in high school." Both of them laughed as April playfully smacked Holly's arm earning a loud groan from her and an even harder smack on her back.