1.8 Road Trip Pt. 3

"Emotions, give me a break
Let me forget that I made a mistake
Oh can't you see what you're doing to me?
Emotions, please let me free."
-Brenda Lee

××××××××××××××××××

"When are you guys going to make it official?! By what you're telling me it is obvious you both like each other, this is what you always dreamed of April, don't let the opportunity go!" Holly kept rambling on through the phone ad I kicked my feet happily while lying down in my dorm room stiff bed.

Suddenly my heartbeat increased and it seemed like I couldn't manage to get any coherent thoughts as all I could think of was him. Is this it? Am I having my first boyfriend ever? And it just happens to be the sweetest guy. This is like a dream come true.

Without wasting anymore time, Holly and I hung up and I immediately jumped out of bed and went to Andrew's dorm room, each step I took I could feel my heart beating faster but it would all be worth it once I got there.

I stood in front of his door taking a few deep breaths before knocking softly on his door hoping not to bother his roommate.

"April? Andrew left already." his roommate opened the door looking at me like I was some weird creature standing in front of his door. "Did he not tell you...?"

I froze.

He's... Gone?

...

It was a slightly cold night. The trees and the fire kept cracking at the sudden silence that had fallen at the camp. No one spoke a word as my face gave it all away.

He's leaving again?

I didn't notice when my hands started shaking and my breathing became heavier, as much as I wanted to avoid them, thick tears made their way down my face to my neck. I'm suffocating, I need to go somewhere else.

When I finally managed to move, I simply began walking, I didn't know where I was going, but I could hear Andrew's voice screaming my name desperately. I don't want to go back there, I need to go home.

I just kept walking through a path I found not knowing exactly where it was taking me until I felt a strong grip on my wrist pulling me which made me stop. I knew exactly who it was.

"Where you even planning to tell me? I-no. You know what? I don't want to speak to you, please let me go." My voice sounded broken, I hated it, how he had me broken for a second time and I had allowed it.

"April please listen to me! I was planning to tell you! I had to make sure everything was in order for us to go together, 2 months I could get you a position at the same company! " a Headache started forming as he spoke and no matter how hard I tried to get my hand out of his grip it was useless.

"What? You've got to be kidding me right now. You just expected me to leave everything I've worked so hard for behind just because you want me to?" I turned this time to face him while I spoke everything off my chest. I felt disgusted. My breathing was heavy as if I had just ran a marathon. He didn't mutter a single word. This gave me the opportunity to keep pouring my feelings out. "I never want to see you again, not now, not in two months, never." my voice came out almost like a whisper but I knew he could hear them loud and clear as his grip only tightened in my wrist.