1.2 Strong Enough

"I don't like you, but I love you
Seems that I'm always thinking of you,
Oh you treat me badly, I love you madly
You really got a hold on me."
-Smokey Robinson

×××××××××××××××××
.

The next morning Andrew took me to my house early so I could get ready for the day since of course I had to change clothes and shower. He insisted that he would take me to work today but I told him he had to go to his own job, it took a lot of convincing but he finally left to work not without promising to drop by throughout the day just to check on me.

I took a quick shower since we were already running a bit late and I know by this time some customers start arriving and I couldn't afford to lose them. I stepped out of the shower and made it into my room only to find Holly lying down in my bed scrolling through her phone.

"Hey stranger, remember me? Your best friend?" her tone seemed offended as she looked at me carefully while I looked for my outfit.
I get what she means though, I've been so busy lately that we haven't been able to spend any time. We live together and I barely see her!

"I'm sorry Holly, we can spend the night together and watch movies, I'll bring you something!" I remember the times when we were on college breaks we would binge watch shows the entire night eating junk food and fall asleep at 7 am, we might not be able to do that anymore but a movie won't hurt.

"Fine. But it better come with dessert too!" she made a pouty face which made me laugh at her antics, she always acted like this whenever she wanted attention. While I finished getting ready I told her what had happened at the Cafe and everything after that, of course she was furious about it but after talking it through we both managed to calm down.

"What are you gonna do if she shows up again?" Her tone seemed worried. I haven't even thought about that yet. What if she comes back saying they want me back in their lives? Would I be able to do it?

"I have no idea..." I spoke quietly as my mind flooded with different scenarios but no possibility seemed like the right one. I couldn't even tell when my vision started becoming blurry and my eyes filled with tears

"Hey, it's okay. You know you have me, alright?" I felt Holly grabbing both of my cheeks and wiping the tears that had fallen off. "You're so strong April, you've been through a hard time and here you are thriving with your own business! Let's hope not, but if she comes back I know you will be strong to do what you want and not what they want, okay?" I nodded slowly and hugged her softly.

What could I even do without Holly? I owe so much to her. If it wasn't for her, I don't know where I'd be right now.

After our emotional moment we both stood up after me convincing her that I'll be okay and finished changing quickly then making my way out to the Cafe.

As I arrived at the Cafe, I took my keys out of my purse and started opening the main door, for some reason no one had arrived just yet. Not even Olivia. I wonder if something happened? She's always on time.

After fiddling with the keys for a little bit i finally opened the door and just as I was about to take a step into the place I heard someone calling my name.

"April? It's really you?" I turned around to look where was the voice coming from and who did it belong to. But I never thought I would see him ever again. The one that had always been my best friend since the day I was born.

"J-Jake?" memories of us fighting, playing, sneaking out from home to get snacks came up to my mind and some tears made it up to my eyes. But suddenly they were replaced by anger, how did he just allow that?