meeting

That was the end of it. The summer I first met Toji Zenin. 

The next day I went back into my life. And he went back into his. I ended up finishing my study and graduate the following year. Then I moved to the big city. Tokyo. Without any idea of what to do and what I wanted to do. I live out of the money Grandfather had left for me and work in a cafe during the day and a bookshop in the evening. 

With Grandfather's money I was able to rent an apartment. It's very small but it's enough. It's a studio apartment. A corner to cook, a corned for the bathroom, a corner for the bed, another corner for one tall bookcase, and a large enough floor to sit and read.

With the degree that I have, I wasn't able to find a job in Tokyo. I'm still applying here and there whilst working in the cafe and the bookshop. It was obvious that the money I got from working in both places would not supply me to live in the city long enough. And when that fact strikes me, I remember that my grandfather was a rich person and that I still have his money in my bank account. 

"Where are you from, Y/N?" the white haired men asked "You never tell us anything."

"That's true. We don't know anything from your past, Y/N." his friend chimed in.

If I haven't mention, I was determined to erase all of my past life and start a new life. I was not planning on telling anyone that I came from a rick family. I wasn't planning to tell them that my family had one of the biggest scandal in the recent years. I want to live like I'm from my own life, not my family's. 

"We've been friends for sometime, Y/N. C'mon tell us anything about yourself."

I sighed and said to the white haired men "There's nothing to tell Satoru."

Then the other one walked passed me and put a hand on top of my head "Well have to get it out of her, Satoru."

"Get your hand away from me Suguru." I slapped away his hand playfully "I can report you guys to the manager for bullying. There's no obligation to share one's past to one's co-workers."

"Whatever," Satoru said "Where is Shoko anyway? We're almost open."

Suguru walked away from us saying "I'll get her. She's probably smoking in the back."

Then Satoru followed him to the back "Hold on. I need to pee."

There goes my co-workers in the cafe. Three university graduate, just like me, with no plan for the future. 

-

Later that evening...

"You look sleepy today, Y/N." 

I looked up from the cashier table "Ah. I am sleepy."

"Do you want to switch place with me? You can fix up the shelves over there so you won't be too sleepy." the blonde said, nodding on one of the bookshelves.

"Thanks. That would be great Nanami." I said, standing up from the hard wooden chair.

I walked to the shelves and start to reorganize the books. 

"What major are you in again, Nanami?" I asked. "You don't seem to be that busy for a university student."

Nanami looked up from the cashier table and said "Economics. I'm on my final year."

"Oh great," I said "And what are you planning to do after you graduate?"

"I don't know." he said.

"If you study economics, then you probably work in the office or something right? That's how it usually is."

He sighed "I feel like that's what I'm supposed to do. But these days I'm trying to know what I want to do instead of what I'm supposed to do."

"What's your hobby?" 

"Reading."

I hummed "Is that why you work here?"

He nodded. 

"Then you should probably open your own bookstore or something."

"Maybe," he said. "I also like to eat."

I looked up from the books "Did you say eat?"

He nodded. "I like bread."

"I see," I smiled "Maybe you should open a bakery then."

He smiled at the thought. Such a sweet kid I thought. He was quiet and responsible, and kind. He was nothing like the guys I worked with at the cafe. I like him much better.

After that we heard the door opened. The sound of a customer walking in. We immediately straighten ourselves and greet whoever walks in from the door.

I was frozen in place when I noticed the familiar figure.  A man in a black shirt tucked into his black trousers. With both hands in the pockets he looked around the shop. His hair was black. His eyes were green. There's a scar on one corner of his lips.

Toji.