Prologue

A/N: Hey! Thanks for checking out my story! This is my first story and i'm honestly not very sure whether i might even continue it. :/ But i do love writing and since im free these few days i thought i might give it a try! Yup, i hope you like it! (:

PS the story isnt edited yet so please tell me if you notice anything wrong! (:

©ImaginaryWrites 2013. All rights reserved.

Prologue

Six months ago.

He heard the alarm of the bank, then a scream. Someone was robbing the bank. He had to do something. He put on his mask, speeding into his suit before jumping out his bedroom window. He didn’t have an identity, for now.

A month ago, he wouldn’t have been able to do much. But now, he could control his powers near perfectly. He remembered the day of his eighteenth, his dad revealed that he had powers and gave him a suit. Not only could he fly, run at the speed of light, he could also produce fire, ice and water at will. He would have exclaimed how impossible it was for him to do that, if he hadn’t been levitating as if gravity was a myth, and burning and freezing items all around the room. And apparently, he wasn’t the only one with powers. There were people like him, especially in this town. Turns out, Goniz has a very long history of superheroes, the powers ranging from the smallest things like changing their hair and nail colors at will, to even a few powers at a time like him. His dad told him that his great-granddad had powers. Usually the powers skip a generation or two, and the powers may or may not be the same.

But he could easily say that he was one of the most powerful superheroes.

He arrived at the scene of the crime, the siren piercing his ears. The scene had surprised him though, the robber was holding a little boy hostage, and pointed his gun at the boy’s head. Tears were streaming down his face as his mother was desperately trying to escape a fellow civilian’s arms.

“MY BABY!” she had cried.

Yet, there was a teenage girl. She was so beautiful with her dark brown hair and hazel eyes. She had her hands up in surrender. He felt his heart quicken but was soon repulsed when he saw that the robber looked at her with desire and lust.

“I’ll take the boy’s place. Please. I don’t have any weapons with me, see,” she patted her pockets, and walked cautiously towards the robber and the hostage. There was a slight fear in her eyes, but a determination to save the little boy was much stronger.

The robber loosed the hold on the little boy’s neck and pointed the gun at the girl instead. Releasing the boy, he grabbed the girl and pressed her against his body. He pointed the gun at the crowd.

“Now, let us leave,” the robber barked.

He noticed the flaw in the robber’s stance and smirked. There was his chance. He had to save the girl. He sped in front of robber and knocked the gun from his hands. Quickly recovering from his shock, the robber shot a blow, aiming for his head. He dodged it and grabbed the back of his collar, lifting the criminal. Gasps of disbelief spread round the crowd as they realized he was flying. The robber was still grabbing hold onto the girl’s neck, and she was breathing deeply, suffocating. He spotted a rope. Making the hastiest decision of his life, he threw a fireball at the robber’s left hand, which was holding on to the girl. The robber yelped in pain and released her. The girl was now falling in midair, causing screams from the crowd below and whimpers from the girl herself who was so weak from the lack of oxygen.

Just less than a metre away from the ground, the girl felt herself caught in someone hands. Forcing her tired eyes open, she saw the boy with the superpowers smiling down at her. Looking up, she saw the robber hanging from the chandelier – all tied up.

“We’ll take it from here,” the police informed him, and he nodded, not even taking his eyes off the girl.

~

He carried the girl bridal style, insisting he send her home.

“No, it’s fine, I can take care of myself,” she stubbornly answered.

“Yeah I’m sure you can, you can’t even walk properly.”

She sighed. There was no way to get out of this. “Fine, just put me down then.”

He let her down gently, supporting her as she steadied herself.

“Oh yeah, just, thanks. I don’t think I could get myself out of that mess myself,” She shyly looked away, running her hand through her thick wavy hair, “I’m Chloe Malone, how about you, Mr Mysterious? And what’s with the mask?”

Chloe, he thought, what a beautiful name. Now, what was his name?

“Well beautiful, I’m uh… Blaze… Yeah… Cobalt Blaze,” he flashed a heart-stopping grin. Chloe laughed.

“Okay anyway, my house is just over there,” she pointed to a house just a few metres away, “I think I can handle it from here big boy.”

She smiled genuinely, “Thanks again… Cobalt Blaze.”

“Anytime,” he whispered, but she was already walking away.