Palm sweat all over my dessert

A/N: Hey readers :) I'm sorry for the wait. I just wanted to say thanks for your patience and all your support! Some of your comments really pushed me to update despite my busy schedule. This is really one of the stories that i'm really excited to complete and i really hope i have the endurance to complete it! I'll do it for you guys though ;)

Do comment, vote, fan please! And promote this story to your friends! hehe the more votes/comments i get, the more motivated i'll be to update!

LOVE YOU ALL ALWAYS<3

ImaginaryWrites

©ImaginaryWrites 2014. All rights reserved.

I woke up the next day feeling relaxed. I sighed contentedly and snuggled against my bed. I was glad there wasn’t school today because it was the weekend, and weekends mean no high-pitched screaming from the loving mum, rushing me to get to school.

Recalling the crazy night before, I zoned out at a black spot on my bedroom wall. Instead of remembering the great time I had at the ball and at the cave, the masked fellow’s words rang in my mind.

“Stay away from Cobalt Blaze.”

It was like a warning, not exactly a threat of any sort. Was there anything that Cobalt Blaze was hiding? Maybe he had a contagious virus? Or collect people-eating lizards in his bedroom? Or lair, whatever he lives in.

Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I (finally) got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash up. Stripping myself of my favourite Superman pajamas, I stepped into the freezing cold water to wake myself up.

After showering, I bundled my hair with my towel into a turban. I grabbed another towel, wrapping myself, before starting to brush my teeth. Downstairs, I heard the door open, two muffled voices ecstatically conversing.

At least, I think my mum is the over happy one while the other unknown guest was simply agreeing politely.

Realising I left my clothes back in my room, I tightened the towel around my body and gingerly opened the bathroom door, subsequently dashing into my room like a cat on fire. Shutting the door, I pulled on my clothes.

Just as I finished wearing my shirt, the door opened, revealing a grinning John. “Dang, I missed the show,” he smirked.

I slapped him on the arm, grinning widely, “You perv, why are you here?”

“I want to take you out.”

“Wait, now?”

“Yeah,” John gave me a Cheshire cat’s grin, “I’ll wait for you downstairs.”

Before I had the chance to reply, he was out the door. I guess he expected me to put on some make-up or change into suitable wear, like a normal girl. I don’t apply make-up, so I just grabbed my sling bag, stuffing in my wallet and phone. I made my way to my mirror and gave my hair a quick brush.

A note on my mirror caught my eye before I left my room, leaving me feeling more curious than before.

“Remember to stay away.”

~

We ended up at a booth at All Things Frozen, a local ice-cream shop. I had two scoops of strawberry ice-cream with rainbow sprinkles, and John ordered chocolate mint chip with Hershey chocolate syrup.  He had insisted on paying no matter how hard I tried to refuse. This reminded me of the deal Cobalt Blaze made with me – ice-cream to walk me home. Irritation seeped through me when I realized he totally forgot about treating me.