My heart palpitations would surely land me in hell

©ImaginaryWrites 2015. All rights reserved.

City’s local vigilante finally revealed? Turn to page 15 for the latest news on the vandalism at Furton Street threatening the only superhero keeping the city safe.

I ran my hand through my hair in frustration, only to find my hand stuck in the knots.

Smooth Chloe, real smooth.

Tossing the papers aside, I stalked out the front door with the resolve of confronting the stranger threatening me to leave Cobalt Blaze, totally forgetting about the horde of paparazzi stationed outside my door.

“Over here Chloe!”

“Chloe, is it true you know Cobalt Blaze’s identity!”

“Who is Cobalt Blaze!”

“…Furton street vandalism!”

“GonizLive wants your opinion on the vandalism.”

The blinding lights flashed in my face and mikes were shoved towards me. I could never understand why the whole of Goniz wants the opinion of a seemingly mindless teenager(as often portrayed as by the media) on her thoughts of the Cobalt Blaze threat.

I immediately retreated back into the house, leaning my back against the door. I breathed a sigh of relief. Idiot Chloe, when will you really remember you can never use the front door without being torn apart to pieces. Without hesitation this time, I headed out the back door and straight for the shortcut I last saw the mysterious stranger.

The sound of my hasty footsteps must have alerted him of my arrival, because before I knew it, he jumped off the brick wall and landed in front of me. The proximity of my face to his lips caused me to shriek back in surprise.

“Seriously! It’s enough that you go all creepy stalker on me, you don’t have to go all jack-in-the-box with me too! My heart can’t possibly take that much shock!” I placed my right hand on the heart, attempting to calm the rapid beating of my heart – in which the fact that he was gorgeous even with the mask on was a major contributing factor.

Is it a sin to admit that a likely villain is attractive? Because my heart palpitations would surely land me in hell.

Thoughts of the masked stranger possibly reading my mind caused me to force those thoughts out of my head and focus on the task at hand. The masked stranger smirked.

Crabsticks, can he really read minds?

I mean, mind reading is uncommon, but this stranger had already checked invisibility from the list of ultimate rare powers.

“To what do I owe this pleasure of meeting you Miss Malone? Besides you checking me out.”

I could feel a hint of redness appearing on my cheeks. I mean, I wasn’t that obvious, was I?

“What is your deal with the vandalism? Cobalt Blaze is probably the only one trying to keep this town safe and putting up a public warning is only going to get his fangirl mobs coming after you for him.”

“What, Cobalt Blaze can’t fight his own battles? Even his number one fan,” he gestured to me, “is here trying to get me to back off?”

“What? Pfft, no! I’m barely even a fan. I just want to know the reason you’re targeting him.”

Within seconds, I was against the brick wall and the stranger materialized a fire sword, placing it close to my neck. The heat was already starting to make me sweat and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t close to shitting my pants.