Chapter 18 ~ the forest, the beach and the sun

Nara's p.o.v.

Alli pushed me away towards Matt.

"Aha , Hi " I said sheepishly walking up to him.

After a few moments of standing there awkwardly Matt broke the silence, "Let's go explore ".

I just smiled and nodded

We walked through the main room filled with people. Mostly attractive people and keeping my eyes off them was hard.

We walked through a pair of white doors that had a staircase at the end of a small hall. We kept walking and made our way down the stairs. I was expecting it to be empty but it wasn't. There was at least 20 people in a large well lit room with couches , bean bags and a TV in it. A few people looked up at us but quickly went back to their conversations. We walked past the people and toward the glass doors on the back wall. They led to a huge garden.

Matt smiled at me and opened the doors. We walked into the garden , trees and plants surrounded us. It was really pretty and romantic. But it made my stomach turn and a billion things ran through my mind.

"Nara ... " Matt started, "What are you thinking about ? " He asked gently.

" Ummm , Well I guess I'm nervous for tomorrow " I blushed.

"The music video ? " He asked smiling.

"Yea , I can't believe you might get to sing back up for them " I grinned.

"Yea , I guess that's cool " He said stopping in the middle of the trail. Then he began to walk between palm trees , Off of the path.

I quickly followed him.

He stopped again at a little opening between the trees. In the horizon you could see a distant beach and the sun started disappearing behind the water.

Matt sat down and pulled my hand to sit down beside him. After sitting for a few minutes

In silence I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Hey , Matt. What are you thinking about ? " I asked quietly.

"You" he said putting his arm around me.

I tensed up and felt sick to my stomach in a beautiful way. I felt my face burn red.

"Why do you like me " I asked shaking my head and burying my face into his shoulder

---------------------------

Matts p.o.v.

My face felt flushed. Why do I like her ?

Do I like her ? I obviously do. I like her a lot. And to be honest I don't know why.

I've liked other girls before

I've done things with other girls

I don't consider myself boyfriend material , and I don't want to hurt her more than I already have.

" Well ... You're different than most girls " I managed to say.

" Oh " She replied and I could feel her tensing up.

I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her onto my lap , still looking out to the disappearing sun.

No one spoke for about ten minutes and I noticed Nara was asleep in my lap , I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

I like her a lot and if I get her ill only hurt her.

" I can't be with you " I whispered leaning my head against her.

------------------------

Naras p.o.v.

Tears started burning my eyes. He thought I was asleep. I wasn't meant to hear that. I didn't want to hear that.

"Oh My God !!! Finally !! We've been looking everywhere for you ! " Alli screamed from behind us.

I slowly moved as if I had just been waking up , I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I guess all those years of drama class paid off cause Matt believed it.

"Time to go " Jax said helping me up.