23. Bruised by a Wine Glass

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

You arrived in your own car while Jungkook followed you giving you directions via phone call. He refused to let you drive behind him saying those people might intercept you when he wasn't looking.

You dismissed the idea when he expressed it but a part of you loved his protectiveness, something you had wanted to feel ever since you were little but had hardly ever got. 

For some reason, deep down, you had a fear of close intimacy, possibly related to your father's dictatorship. Yet once again, things were different with Jungkook. He had an odd aura that made you feel at ease like Hoseok and Taehyung, but with a feeling that went too deep under skin that you couldn't even dream of describing.

He was a companion.  A partner. Your equal.

You dragged your mini suitcase behind you as you entered his apartment. It was cleaner than you thought it would be, the carpet had was rich deep blue and a peek of through the curtains looked assured you of the authenticity of their offer of fantastic views of the city lights.

"This is my bedroom," Jungkook waved his hand at his room. You peeked into it, no doubt about it, it had just been cleaned. "Let me guess, you called your maid and told her to clean it up as quick as she could."

"Well... Yes that's actually pretty accurate," he awkwardly scratched the back of his head. "But the cleaner the better?" He cocked his head to the side like an adorable magpie.

"Right, now where's the room I sleep in?"

"Your room?"

"Yeah— Or do I get the sofa?"

"Oh no yeah so there's an extra room for guests, I guess you can use that."

He lead you to another room. The aesthetic was quite marvellous, the walls were a very light blue colour with dark blue curtains hiding the windows. You moved to the window and drew the curtains slightly to admire the wonderful view.

"Yeah no need to thank me, I know it's pretty," he said behind you. "I asked Abby to make some dinner, you can have a shower first," Jungkook pointed to the bathroom and left.

"Who's Abby?" You asked, a little too abruptly.

"The cleaning maid here," he said with a knowing twinkle in his eyes.