《 Chapter Ten 》

"Yes! Here we go!" Chip yells once he has readied the invention

Izuku looks out from the window and sees the advancing axe.

"What the hell? Mise, look out!" The invention crashes into the door, and a red cloud of smoke poofs out of the basement. Misery and Izuku emerge from the wreckage to find Chip swinging on a loose spring.

"You guys gotta try this thing..."

back to the castle where the attack continues. Shigaraki has broken off from the mob, and is searching out Bakugo Misery, Izuku, Blue and Chip  are making their way to the castle. Finally, the invaders are chased out and the objects celebrate their victory.

"And stay out!" Kami pulls over Iida and kisses him once on each cheek. Iida shakes it off and Kiri grumbles "where the fuck is my kiss, not manly babe"

Shigaraki, who finds Bakugo's lair, raises his crossbow and takes aim. Bakugo looks up at him, then looks back down in sadness again. Shigaraki releases the arrow and it strikes Bakugo in the shoulder. He screams in pain and stands.

Shigaraki rushes him and they fly out the window onto the balcony, where it has begun to rain.

"Ha ha ha ha ha!" Shigaraki corners Bakugo on the edge of the roof who simply sits there in despair.

"Get up! Get up! What's the matter, Beast? Too kind and gentle to fight back?"

Bakugo looks down ignoring him. Shigaraki walks into the foreground and breaks off a piece of the roof. He is about to smash it on the Beasts head when Misery's voice drifts up. She is on the bridge and is yelling to Shigaraki, telling him to stop. "No!!"

Hearing her voice and giving him new life "Misery."

"Shigaraki don't!!"

Shigaraki swings down at Bakugo but he catches the weapon in his hand. Bakugo rises up and roars in Shigaraki's face. They proceed through a fight on the rooftop. Finally, Bakugo takes a hiding place among the gargoyles in the darkness. Meanwhile, Misery enters the castle on the ground.

"Let's go, Blue!"

"Come on out and fight! Were you in love with her, beast? Did you honestly think she'd want you when she had someone like me?" Bakugo has been provoked enough. He emerges and they fight again.

"It's over, beast! Misery is mine!!" This time, however, Bakugo picks up Shigaraki by the neck and holds him out over the edge of the roof. Shigaraki pleads with him.

"Put me down. Put me down. Please, don't hurt me! I'll do anything! Anything!"

Bakugo's anger slowly melts off his face, and the look of compassion returns. He pulls Shigaraki back onto the roof.

"Get out!!" He shoves Shigaraki to the ground. Above, Misery comes out on a balcony.

"Blondie!" Misery cries

"Quirky!" The Beast begins to climb the tower, very much like King Kong, until he reaches the balcony. He hangs over the side.

"Misery? You came back!" Bakugo and Misery stare passionately at each other, but the moment is interrupted when Shigaraki sneaks up and stabs the beast in the back. Bakugo roars in pain, and Misery is helpless. Shigaraki pulls the knife out and swings back for another shot. Bakugo starts to fall, knocking Shigaraki off his balance. Misery reaches forward and pulls Bakugo back, while Shigaraki off never to be seen again. Misery helps the injured Beast up onto the balcony, where he lies down on the floor. The Objects come rushing out, but stay out of sight.

"You came back..." Bakugo whispers

"Of course I came back. I couldn't let them...Oh this is all my fault. If only I'd gotten here sooner."

"Maybe it's better this way."

"Don't talk like that. You'll be all right. We're together now. Everything's going to be fine. You'll see." She tears up

"At least I got to see you one... last...time."

Misery pulls Bakugo's paw up to her cheek. He holds it there for a second, then drops it. His head falls back, and his eyes close. Misery drops the paw and puts her hands to her mouth. She can't believe this has happened.

Misery yells, sobbing "no! Please! Please! Please don't leave me! I love you!"

The Objects watch the last petal fall off the rose. They all look down at the floor, and Iida puts his arm around Ochaco

The rain continues to fall. But one beam of light falls, like a shooting star. Then another comes. And another, and another.

Misery finally notices what is happening. She stops crying for a second, then starts to back away.

A fog begins to enshroud Bakugo. the objects look on in extreme anticipation. Bakugo rises up into the air magically and begins to turn.

He is enveloped in a cloud of light, and becomes wrapped in his cloak. Underneath, we can see Bakugos body shifting and forming. A fore paw comes out and the claws turn into fingers.

A hind paw emerges and develops into a foot. Finally, a wind blows across his face and the fur melts away to reveal a young prince. He gradually descends and is laid on the floor again. The fog disappears and Misery reaches out to touch him. She jerks her hand back, however, when the figure begins to move. It stands, then looks at it's hands, then turns to face Misery. It is a human, with the same red eyes as beast and ash blonde hair. It is obviously Bakugo, transformed. Misery gives him a mysterious look.

"Mise! It's me!" She continues to look at him skeptically,but then she sees the red eyes, and instantly knows it is him.

"It is you!" She gasps and pulls him onto a kiss

fireworks display explodes around them. The gloom surrounding the castle disappears, revealing a blue sky. The castle is transformed, with the gargoyles changing into cherubs. The objects hop out to meet the Prince and Misery. One by one, they are transformed back to their original human conditions.

"Dunce Face! Shitty Hair!!! Oh, Pink Cheeks! Look at us!"

Chip comes riding in on Footstool.

"Mama! Mama!" The pair transforms back into a boy and dog.

Ochaco gasps, Picking up her boy "Oh my goodness!"

"It is a miracle!" Kami smiles, pulling Kiri in a tight hug "God, I missed hugging you"

The Prince picks up Misery and swings her around,The ruffles of her skirt wipe to the ballroom, where all are gathered to celebrate. The Prince and Misery dance around the room

"Ah, l'amour." Kami says this, and a Kiri walks by, brushing him on the chin. "Heh heh!" He starts to chase after her, but Iida stops him.

"Well, Kami, old friend. Shall we let bygones be bygones?"

"Of course, mon ami. I told you she would break the spell."

"I beg your pardon, old friend, but I believe I told you."

"No you didn't. I told you." 

"You most certainly did not, you pompous parrafin-headed pea-brain!"

"En garde, you overgrown pocket watch!" He takes off his glove and slaps Iida across the face with it. They begin to fight.

Misery and Bakugi continue to dance around the floor. Ochaco, Chip and Izuku, begin to cry.

"Are they gonna live happily ever after, mama?" Chip asks his mother

"Of course, my dear. Of course."

Chip looks happy for a moment, then puzzled. "Do I still have to sleep in the cupboard?" Izuku laughs and Ochaco hugs her child and laughs.

Misery and the Prince continues dancing around the room, and a curtain falls into a stained glass window, this one with Misery and Bakugo in the center, surrounded by the rest of their friends

Certain as the sun, Rising in the east
Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme Beauty and the beast!