《 Chapter Eight 》

In Shigaraki's tavern, which is empty except for Shigaraki, Mineta and Dabi, who are all sitting at a table.

Dabi grunts "I don't usually leave the asylum in the middle of the night, but they said you'd make it worth my while."

Shigaraki pulls out a sack of gold and tosses it in front of him. He takes out a piece, scrapes it on his chin and continues.

"Aah, I'm listening."

Shigaraki smirks "It's like this. I've got my heart set on marrying Misery, but she needs a little persuasion."

Mineta nods, butting in "Turned him down flat!" He laughs and Shigaraki slams a beer mug on his head.

Shigaraki continues "Everyone knows her brother's a lunatic. He was in here tonight raving about a beast in a castle..."

"Izuku is harmless." Dabi frowned

"The point is, Miseru would do anything to keep him from being locked up."

Mineta butts in "Yeah, even marry him!"

Shigaraki gives him another threatening look, and he ducks back under the mug.

"So you want me to throw her brother in the asylum unless she agrees to marry you?" Dabi asks and they both nod in agreement. "Oh, that is despicable. I love it!"

~~~

"If no one will help me, then I'll go back alone. I don't care what it takes. I'll find that castle and somehow I'll get her out of there." Izuku mutters angrily

Izuku leaves on his journey. Seconds later, Shigaraki and Mineta arrive with Dabi. They enter the house looking for one of the residents.

"Misery! Izuku!"

"Oh, well, I guess it's not gonna work after all." Mineta shrugs, Shigaraki grabs him by the neck and walks outside.

"They have to come back sometime, and when they do, we'll be ready for them." Shigaraki drops Mineta in a snowbank by the porch "Mineta, don't move from that spot until Misery and her brother come home."

"But, but... aww, nuts!" He pounds the side of the house and a pile of snow falls on his head.

~~~

Misery plays in the snow with Blue and the footstool. Bakugo, Iida and Kami watch from the balcony.

"I've never felt this way about anyone." He mutters, looking excited "I want to do something for her." He sighs,, looking discouraged. "But what?"

Iida thinks and says "Well, there's the usual things--flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..."

"Ahh, no no. It has to be something very special. Something that sparks her inter--wait a minute." Kami gasps. Getting an idea

~~~

"Misery, there's something I want to show you." Bakugo begins to open the door, then stops. "But first, you have to close your eyes." She looks at him questioningly. "It's a surprise."

Misery closes her eyes, and Bakugo waves his hand in front of her. Then he opens the door. He leads her in.

Misery sighs, Just as she enters the room "Can I open them?"