nine ||identity||

(I'm using nii-san as big brother since there's no specific word for big brother in English)

"I never intended to hide my last name, it was urgent though"

He turned to her with a distinct look "Stop spitting bullshit"

Flashback...
2001

"[Name], make sure to lock the doors after I go, you won't be alone for the rest of the day, okay" her mom kissed her and left.

Since her mother and father works at the same hours, she has to be with her mother so she can watch over her for some time.

"Heave-ho!'' the girl tip-toe through the rocks at the river jumping at one foot.

Playing with the stray dogs, she pulled out a toy dog bone and threw it somewhere, then they picked it up, he was hella tall.

"You also need to be careful, there are bad guys around here so try your best not to join in with them"

Oops

Although she always gets along with the mam in the place, she's pretty well-known in her town, she'd sometimes watch how they workout, but this one, he wasn't familiar.

I thought it was a girl since he has these braids, and he has a scary friend with him... what should I do...!?

She only ran faster, but they were chasing her, and they were fast either so it didn't take too long for them to catch up to her.

"Gotta say anything?" she gulped.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again!"

"No, why are you running away from us?" The answer's in front of me!

"Why would I tell you" she tried being sassy to them, trying to get away.

The tallest boy lifted her to his shoulders "Don't give us that attitude, you don't even know your talking to your older brothers"

The little girl tried filtering what he said "Eh? You guys are my brothers?"

"Well obviously, we came here to pick you up, it wasn't that hard to find you" the other talked taking the dog that she found.

"The one who's carrying you is our eldest brother, Ran Haitani, and I'm Rindo Haitani be careful not to fall in love with your brother" Do people find you hot?

"Mom and Dad will be away for a few weeks, so your older brother will take care of you"

"So yeah, if anyone tried hurting you will be dead meat, got that!?" he cupped her cheeks.

"Yeah, sure but why do I need to tell you"

"Cause I'm your brother idi- please go to sleep"

---

"That's mean, nii-san" she hiccups in each word clutching on her shirt, kneeling.

"Didn't I tell you that if someone tries to harm you, will match against me"

"We were playing tug of war and capture the base, he didn't do anything bad to me"

She checked the boy who had bruises everywhere "Well I'm sorry, if anyone tried hurting you for real, I won't forgive that person nor myself"

"I'm making dinner, invite that boy to our house, I'll talk with him after"

"You might be the best brother that I could ever wish" she muttered, the boy heard it, he smiled a little and left with Rindou.