ᗰᗴᗴTIᑎᘜ Tᕼᗴ ᘜᖇᗩᑎᗪᑭᗩᖇᗴᑎTՏ ➪ ᒍOᒍO07

It was an inconvenience that Naruto and Hinata lived 200 miles away from Hinata's father while they lived 150 miles away from Naruto's parents. So when Hinata went into labor, the first ones to arrive was Minato and Kushina, both out of breath though the latter pushed her husband away when it looked like he was going to be the first one to congratulate their son. Naruto was seated beside Hinata who was gripping his hand in an iron grip before releasing it and mumbling her apologies. It hurt watching his wife and love go through pain and he barely noticed when his mom slammed the door open, her wild red hair flowing behind her, with an out of breath father behind her.

"Thank god we got here in time, dattebane! See, Minato, it was a great choice to let me drive!"

Naruto's eyes widened. "Dad, how many tickets did you get?"

Minato took a deep breath before apologizing to an angry nurse and turning to his son. "Three but your mom managed to convince the officer out of the fourth one."

Naruto sighed and shook his head, a smile on his pale face.

Both parents locked eyes with each other and nodded, years of marriage coming into play.

"Naruto, come with me. Let your mom talk to Hinata for a while."

Hinata suddenly gripped Naruto's hand, her eyes wide with fear and nervousness. His heart broke then and he turned around to give his dad an apologetic look.

Kushina smiled, knowing what it felt like to be in the indigo maiden's position, and grabbed Hinata's other hand. "Let the men have their talk. I'll take care of you and I'm sure Naruto has enough trust in me to protect you," she cooed to the frightened woman, her violet eyes locking with Naruto's worried blue eyes.

Minato clasped a hand on his son's shoulder and smiled warmly when the 23 year old man looked at him. At this moment, his son looked like his two year old self, afraid of the world and entering preschool. Minato still remembers the fear in his son's eyes and how he felt powerless for a moment. But when Naruto was born, Minato vowed to make Naruto's happiness his number one priority, along with his wife's. Now was a time to share some wisdom.

"C'mon son, I think a break would help."

Naruto glanced at Hinata who reluctantly nodded back. She was afraid of her own comforting source to leave the room but the way Kushina—someone who she came to see as a best friend and a mother figure—held her hand and how her gaze comforted her; she trusted her life in this woman's hands.

When the door closed, Kushina tucked back a sweaty indigo lock and caressed Hinata's flushed cheek. Another contraction broke through and Hinata bit her lip, squeezing her eyes shut and gripping Kushina's hand. After the wave of pain left, Hinata mumbled out a sorry, feeling embarrassed that she just crushed her mother-in-law's hand.

"I remember being in your shoes," started off Kushina, sighing wistfully, "and it was just horrible! Naruto just wouldn't stop moving. One moment he was at my side and the next, he was digging his foot on my pelvis. It hurt dattebane!" Hinata giggled when Kushina pouted. "I remember thinking I couldn't wait till I give birth so this pain would go away. I couldn't wait till my son was born." Kushina squeezed Hinata's hand and smiled. "The actual birth hurts like hell but hearing the first time your baby cries will be worth it. I know the road you have ahead of you might sound scary—and it is—but you have created life and if you can manage that and giving birth, then there's nothing you can do." She wiped away some tears that trailed down Hinata's cheeks. "This child would be a creation from my son, your husband, and yourself. It would be our blood and veins and you will raise this child amazingly, I just know it, dattebane." Kushina wiped away some tears, choking on a sob. "You guys will do just great."