ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Report Cards and Ramen •

Uzumaki Boruto stood in front of his mother with his head looking down at his feet and his hands clasped behind his back.

He stiffened when he heard his mother sigh a little.

"Boruto-kun… please look at me."

Boruto didn't even think twice before following his mother's gentle voice. They were in the living room of their small house and his mother sat in front of him, his report card settled on her lap.

"Mama understands that you need to play and have fun with your friends but that doesn't mean you can neglect your studies," Hinata said, her voice gentle and her eyes soft. When Boruto averted his gaze away, Hinata smiled and took his small hands from his back and held onto it. "I'll give you another chance. If you fail another subject this term, I'll have to keep you from eating ramen for two weeks."

"Eeeh?! Hina-chan, that's too cruel!"

Hinata turned her attention to her husband who had been watching them from the kitchen doorway with Himawari on his arms. "Do you have anything else in mind, Naruto-kun?"

"What about only a week?" Naruto suggested and winked at his son. Boruto responded with a wide smile at his father.

Hinata thought about it. "If that is the case, then I will have to keep you from taking any ramen for a week, too, Naruto-kun." She smiled at her husband.

Naruto looked at his wife, horrified. "T-that's…" he trailed off and looked at his little boy's worried face. "…perfectly fine by me."

Boruto grinned widely and ran to his father. "Thanks, dad!" The little blonde hugged his father at the waist.

When Hinata stood from her seat, Himawari suggested that they have ramen for dinner.

Naruto crouched down to Boruto's eye level and whispered, "If you ever have any problems at the academy, just tell me." He grinned, pointing a thumb at himself. "Hokage-sama will do something about it."

Boruto could only nod in delight.

"Naruto-kun, no cheating!"