ᑌᑎᗪᗴᖇՏTᗩᑎᗪIᑎᘜ - ᖇᗴᗩᗪIᑎᘜ-ᗷᗴᑎᑎIᗴ

Hinata woke with a start. The sun peeking through the blinds warmed her face. Throwing an arm over her eyes, she turned away from the light, reaching out with her other arm to grab her husband and bring him closer to her.

When her fingers met the cold sheets on Naruto's side, her heart began to pound. Hinata practically threw herself out of the bed. She noticed their clothes and towels from the night before sitting just next to the laundry hamper as opposed to in it. She ran down the stairs, seeing four pairs of dusty boots heaped in the entryway. She ran back upstairs to the bedrooms.

She checked her daughter's room first, breathing a small sigh as she saw Himawari cocooned in her blankets. Hinata crossed the hall to Boruto's room and slowly opened the door with baited breath. She let the breath go as she took in the sight before her.

Naruto's long body was sprawled across Boruto's bed, barely fitting on the small mattress. He was snoring lightly, a small line of drool making its way down his cheek. His arm was wrapped firmly around their son, who was draped across his father's chest, snoring as well, drool pooling on Naruto's shirt.

Hinata strode over to her boys and placed a gentle kiss to both foreheads. Retreating from her son's room, she made her way back to her bedroom. Opting for comfort, she dressed for the day in a soft sweater, leggings, and a skirt over the top. One last peek at her children, and Naruto, she went down to the kitchen to begin breakfast.

Naruto stirred. There was a heavy weight on his chest and a persistent tapping on his arm. He opened his eyes to see blonde blocking his vision. Stretching his head up and around his son, he saw his daughter poking at his arm. "Good morning, sunflower princess, what is it?" his voice was hoarse, from shouting and talking all yesterday.

"Good morning, daddy! Mama's making breakfast. Can you smell it?" Her bright blue eyes sparkled. Sure enough, wafting through the air was the thick, heavy scent of baking bread and the spicy undertones of heated cinnamon. "Cinnamon rolls, daddy! Mama only makes those for special 'ccasions!"

Naruto watched Himawari skip out of the room and down the hall. He gently rolled Boruto off of his chest and slid down the bed, to stand and stretch. His joints popped and he was still sore beyond belief. Kneeling on the floor, Naruto began to coax Boruto awake. The boy was just like him when he was younger, never a morning person.

"Hey buddy, let's wake up now." Naruto fluffed his son's hair. Boruto grumbled. "C'mon, we don't want you to sleep the whole day away." Boruto took a swipe at his hand.

"Well fine then, I guess Hima, mom, and I will eat all the cinnamon rolls." Naruto moved to push himself off the floor when a small hand shot out to grab his wrist.

"I'll get up. I'll get up. Please, don't eat them all." Boruto muttered, eyes still closed, clinging to sleep.

"Alright, lighting bolt, we won't eat them all." Naruto stood and scooped Boruto out of bed. He's gotten so big… Naruto thought as he carried his son downstairs. It's good thing I'm practically a giant or I wouldn't be able to hold him like this. I should've done this more… Naruto gave Boruto a squeeze.

"There are my girls," Naruto said as he entered the family room. Himawari was curled into her mother's side as Hinata sat on the sofa, the gentle rasp of her knitting needles filling the air. "Good morning, Hime."

Naruto bent to press a kiss to Hinata's forehead.

"Good morning to you too, dear." Hinata raised her head in time to catch his kiss on the tip of her nose. "It should be just a few more minutes in the oven and then a little cooling time; enough time for our little bolt to wake up."