Chapter 7 : Her Story - Part 2

Her Story

"A dragon, black as the night, broke through the earth and flew up into the night sky. We could barely see it, but both of us knew that it was colossal. And fast. It flew in right for us, and you saved me by pushing me out of the way. It bit off your left arm, and I could see blood gushing out of where your arm was supposed to be. You yelled at me to leave, but I wouldn't leave you. Then you threw a dagger at the tree next to me, threatening me, saying that you would kill me if I didn't.

So I ran. As fast as I could. But then I stopped. Just enough to see you as you valiantly fought the dragon. There were arrows sticking out on you back, but you never faltered. You fought the dragon and drove it to its knees. You leapt on the dragon's head and thrust your blade into its skull. The beast threw its head up in pain, and you flew through the air, landing nearby, barely moving. None of the undead dared to approach, none were brave enough to step up against the dragon slayer.

Soon, all the undead dispersed and left leaving without further conflict. I ran up to you. You were barely breathing that time. I lifted you up on my back and carried you home.

Back in the house, I laid you down on the bed and tended you your wounds, but you refused to let me even bandage your armless shoulder. You said to me, "My time has come, goodbye, Stella." Your breathing slowed until it completely ceased, and you died in my arms, with a serene smile on your face. Then, I started surviving on my own, I trained myself to be self-dependant. But then one day, your body disappeared from our bed. I went out to search for you, thinking some animal may have moved you. Then night fell, and I was ambushed by a skeleton. And, well, you know the rest."

She said while tears flowed from her eyes.