N I N E

N I N E:

THIRD PERSON POV:

Odell,

I don't know how to say this, but I'm leaving you. We can't be together anymore. I found someone else, and I've been seeing that person for some time now. Please don't beat yourself up. I made my decision so you need to just move on. The reason I wrote this was to let you know about the secret relationship I've been in, and to let you know that I'm fine and you don't have to go looking for me at all. Just do the both of us a favor and move on. I know I have, so you should. Or not. Either way, I'm not coming back. I'm sorry. I know I never got a chance to say this but.. I love you. Take care, babe.

-Alizae

Odell sat up in his bed, not wanting to be alive anymore. He stared at the crumpled note, trying to figure out where he went wrong.

Last night at their dinner, it took him thirty minutes to get up and go check on Alizae in the restroom. He didn't care if their were any women in there when he barged in, he just wanted to see if his girl was alright.

The restroom looked like a struggle had took place, panicking him. He hurried back out to their table and that's where he found the note.

At first he was confused, and none of it made sense to him. Odell knew Alizae wouldn't just ditch him in the middle of their date that she asked for! Nothing was really adding up for him. He sat in deep thought for a good twenty minutes before finally paying the check, and leaving. 

When he got home, that's when everything really started to sink in. She didn't want him anymore, and that broke his heart in ways he didnt't even know existed. His love for her was starting to develop and getting stronger as each day past by. 

The time they spent together he would never forget. They didn't even have sex, and he was hung over on her badly. She was the only woman who ever had a hold on him like this, and he really liked the fact that she did. 

Take care, babe. Alizae called Odell babe all the time, so there was no doubt in his mind that the note was indeed from her. 

A knock at his front door took Odell out of his thoughts. He didn't want to get up and get it, but decided to anyway. He slowly trudged down the stairs. The same stairs Alizae used to help him up and down on. Now, it seemed like every place he went in his big ass house, everything started to remind him of Alizae.

The guest bedroom she used to sleep in, the living room he used to taunt her in. The kitchen hurt his heart the most becasue that's where he would catch her eating all his shit he'd buy, where they almost made love, and where they shared their first kiss.

The pain was unbearable, and it hasn't even been a full twenty four hours yet. He was hoping that she had a goofy side like Aaliyah, and was pranking him just for the fun of it. But, somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that wasn't the case.

He swung the door open, groaning and covering his eyes from the sudden sunlight. It was Victor, and he walked in cheesing.

"Yo, man guess what?"

Odell ignored him, walking away from him and leaving the door wide open. Victor raised his eyebrow, wondering what was wrong with his best friend. Odell walked to the living room, plopping on the couch. VIctor came in and sat across from him.

"What's up with you, man?"

Odell shook his head. "Nuttin' man, wassup wit' ya?"

His Louisiana accent started to display. It shocked Victor because he has never heard Odell speak in this manner.