Chapter 1

The early morning sun rays peeped through the cream-colored curtains and found their way to the sleeping boy's face.

He slowly opened his eyes, revealing beautiful light brown eyes.

Removing the blanket, he swung his legs over the bed and got up.

Stretching his hands up and yawning, he walked over to his wardrobe.

Grabbing a navy-blue shirt and a pair of similar colored pants that he had ironed the day before, he went into the bathroom where he showered for a good fifteen minutes and brushed his teeth.

He changed his clothes and came back to his room.

Hanging his pajamas in his wardrobe, he took a pair of polished black shoes and slipped them on.

He then took the black belt which had all sorts of gadgets hanging from it and wrapped it around his thin waist.

Finally, he carefully pinned his new silver badge that had 'Metropolitan police' embossed at the top and 'detective' at the bottom with the Capitol carved in the middle.

He checked himself in the mirror and saw a young man, around twenty years old, wearing the uniform of the MPD.

Neatly combed honey brown hair fell over light brown eyes that shone with an eagerness to prove himself.

He put on his tie, grabbed his briefcase and went to the kitchen.

Making a simple breakfast of French toast and orange juice for himself, he sat down at the small and lonely dinner table.

After eating, he cleaned his plate and mug.

He then took his car keys and went to his garage, locking the front door on his way.

He got into his white SUV and drove off to the MPD station.

Meanwhile, a certain raven-haired man was also getting ready to go to the MPD station.

Unlike the brown eyed man, this one's clothes were not ironed; on the contrary, his uniform was rumpled, his shoes lackluster and his hair was messy.

His depthless black eyes looked around his surprisingly tidy room and landed on his black, almost grey, suitcase.

Grabbing it lightly, he went out of his house, locking his door in the process and got into his black SUV.

He also drove off to the MPD station.

The two young men arrived at the station at the same time, but took no notice of each other as they parked their vehicles and went inside.

The brown-haired man showed his ID to the security guard first and went to ask an officer where his new superior was.

The black-haired man came a few seconds behind him and had just gotten past the security guards when the officer talking to the other man beckoned him.

After ushering the two to a corner, he ordered, "Stay here. Don't go anywhere."

The two of them nodded, satisfying the officer who walked away, ostensibly to find out who their sergeant is.

Finally alone, the two of them looked at each other.

A spark of familiarity ran through them as they glanced into each other's eyes.

They felt as if they have known each other for a life time, but knew that they have not set eyes on each other before this day.

The raven-haired man broke the silence, "Do I know you?"