Exile is lonely

Because of people's continued support I have finally written a new chapter! So I dedicate this chapter to everyone who has commented on my chapters and asked me to continue this story. This chapter is for you :)

I have also revised the previous one a bit and made some changes/additions.

I hope you enjoy this!

***

Hermione's pov

The following month plass in blur.

I had found a routine fairly quickly. I cry myself to sleep. I wake up, tired, of course. I take a quick cold shower to reduce some of the puffiness. I go to breakfast, I'm always one of the first there so I don't have to deal with anyone. I go to my classes. After class I go the library to do homework and study. I talk to no one and they don't talk to me. I go the kitchen to get dinner. I know how to get into the kitchen of course and the house elves have accepted my presence. I know I'm lousy company and they wonder what I'm doing there, but they give me food and don't ask many questions. It's one of the few comforts I had in this time. Also the only bit of social interaction I'm getting. After that I go to the bathroom again to take a bath to comfort me. After that I go to my room and the cycle continues.

It's easy enough. I avoid people and they avoid me. It's lonely but I've gotten used to it.

The staring and whiserping stopped after a few days. I guess the excitement wore off. Though no one has forgotten.

I do my rounds with prefects and with Malfoy in silence. We walk quitely together around the castle and head off to our own rooms afterwards.

Malfoy asked me questions occassionaly at first, probably to taunt me. But once he realised I wasn't going to take the bait he stopped.

Now we walk in silence.

I tried to get Harry alone to talk to him, but he is always surrounded by other people. I knew talking to Ginny would be fruitless. She is an amazing person and friend, but I know that her love for family is stronger than anything and she is fiercely loyal.

So I haven't talked to any of my friends and they haven't tried to talk to me. I really don't know how Ron pulled it off. He must have sounded really convincing. Of course he also hasn't been seen with that other girl, though I bet they found a way to see each other in secret.

I wrote to my parents about what happened and of course they offered that I should just come home. I said I wasn't going to do it. I love Hogwarts, I love my education and I'm not going to let this ruin my opportunities. I have survived Voldemort and a war for Christ's sake, I'm not about to back out because of some minor inconvience. I find my ways.

I just hope that sooner or later the truths comes out. But we'll see when that happens.

After four weeks of moaning and moping around I have beaten some sense into myself again.

Of course the break up still hurts and I cry. I can't stand to look at Ron, so I don't.

But I also know that I'm pretty tough, so I know I will get through this and I won't let a boy ruin my life forever. I'm Hermione Granger! Brightest witch of her age. I'll find a way.

I will get my revenge. One way or another.

After a month of misery I am finally starting to get back to myself a little.

I have decided I'm going to go back to eating dinner in the Great Hall. Everyone can suck it.

Today is the day. I have decided that today I'm going to have dinner with everyone else again.

Classes have ended, I've done some homework in the library and I make my way downstairs. Almost everyone should already be there by now. I'm going to be making a grand entrance. Again.

Such fun.

I step inside and make my way to the gryffindor table. A hush falls over the room as I reach the table and sit down at one of the empty seats near the edge.

Everyone is still looking as I put food on my plate and pretend to not notice that people are staring at me. I pretend to be very focused on my food.

The pretending to not care seems to do the trick, as eventually people stop staring and continue with their meal and conversations.

After a while I finally dare to let my eyes roam around the room for a bit.

Basically everyone has gone back to what they were doing. Some people shoot me a glance every once in a while, but that's it. I don't look at my friends at this table of course.

I look to the Slytherin table and my eyes suddenly lock with a grey pair.

Malfoy.

He's staring at me.

His expression is one I can't read, but he seems to be thinking.

I break eye contact and get back to my meal. He must be thinking about how hard this is for me and how much he is enjoying the scene.

Prick....

***

Draco's pov

The day starts uneventfully.

But then again, almost all these here are uneventful. The buzz from the most famous break up of all time has died down by now and nothing interesting is happening anymore.

I get to breakfast with Blaise and we talk about stupid things. After that we get to our classes and again, nothing interesting happens.

The passes by so slowly. The clock ticks the time away and nothing interesting happens.

When will something interesting finally happen again?

After what feels like forever it's finally time for dinner. Blaise and I sit down and start our meal.

I'm about halfway through a bite when a hush falls over the room.

I stop, put my fork back down and look around.

Everyone seems to be looking towards something. I turn to follow their gaze

What the-

It's Granger.

She's making her way towards the Gryffindor table.

What the fuck?

What is she doing?

I watch as she sits down and starts putting food on her plate. She isn't looking at anyone. After a while people turn back to what they were doing and move on. However, I'm still staring at her.

I find myself looking at her, taking in details to see how she is doing. Her hair is still a mess and there is still some puffiness around her eyes, though there is a determined look in her eyes as she starts to look around the room.

I notice she isn't looking at the Gryffindor table, but rather around to other tables.

Her eyes sweep over the Slytherin tables and suddenly she locks eyes with me. I can see a little frown appear between her eyebrows. She must be wondering why I am looking at her. My face is a mask, so she can't read anything from that. I have perfected the mask over the years, so no one can read it. A neccessity to survive the war.

Eventually she looks back down towards her food and doesn't look back up.

Well, at least she has made a re-entrance into the community. It's definitely a step. A bold move even. I can't help myself but I feel a little bit of admiration for her. I doubt many people would have found the strength and courage to show their face again after something like this.

Damn.

Did I really just compliment Granger and admire her for something?

The world must have flipped upside down.

                             ****

A/N Please like & comment!