seven

Sammy wraps his arms around me as we enter the mall, pulling my closer to him. He leans his head down close to my ear and starts talking, “So, princess, what kind of dress should we get today.” I chuckle and smile.

"I don’t know nothing to fancy, thats for like prom. I just want to look nice." I say throwing some hair out of my face and behind my shoulder with my hand.

It’s only around 1 o’clock and the Omaha mall is buzzing with people, a lot of teenagers but their are some older people walking too. We pass a few girls who I think I recognize from school and one girl in the group has her eyes on us as we approach which made me feel uncomfortable. I see the girl, with brown hair and glasses, turn towards another member of the group and whisper something. They both look at me and laugh and then walk off in another direction.

Weird, I try to let myself not think any further than knowing that what they said probably would hurt me and I didn’t need my mind filled with hurtful things considering it was still a mess with those thoughts of he loves me, he loves me not.

We pass a huge section labeled Forever21 next and I poke Sammy in the side informing I want to go in. He looks at me a nods his head. The workers greet us with smiles and the usual question of, "Anything you need help with today?" and then her name. I can't help but notice that this worker in paticular had her eyes glued on Sammy rather than on the both of us. 

"Um no thank you, we're just looking around." I say showing her a fake smile. 

"Actually, do you guys have a section with dresses?" Sammy says giving her his usual smile. 

She smiles back him which annoyed me even more than I already was.

"Follow me." We follow her towards the back of the store. The section is pretty full and there’s a few racks to choose from.

"Thank you." I say nodding my head hoping she’d get the sign to go away.

"No problem! Do you need help finding anything? There’s some sales on men’s clothing today." She says turning towards Sammy again. Are you fucking kidding me? Now I know what she’s doing. I look at Sam and lock my eyes with his. I shake my head for a split second before she glances between me and him.

"No I’m good," Sam says walking towards me. He stands behind me and wraps his arms around me. "But thanks for the help." He winks and she walks away. I could literally taste her saltiness.

"Well finally you caught her obvious hints." I say looking at dresses on a rack.

"Who said I didn’t know."

"What?" I said.

"What…" Sam says leaning against a pillar.

"If you knew then why did you lead her on. I mean, we are dating are we not?" I say completely removing my attention from the rack and directing it all towards him.

"Well if we weren’t then why would I be here with you buying a homecoming dress?"

"Sammy answer the first question, why did you lead her on." The words of the last part of a sentence have annoyed pauses in between them. He rolls his eyes and stands up straight, walking over to me. 

"Look babe, you're mine, I'm sorry." He wraps his arms around me once again but this time from the front a kisses me on the forehead. I look up at him as he starts his next set of words once making eye contact with me. "You good?" 

"Yeah," I say punching him in his side and laughing. "But seriously you need to stop being such a flirt." 

"And you need to pick out a dress." Sammy says starting to move hangers on the rack, looking at the long pieces of fabric. I start doing the same and eventually come across two beautiful dresses.