Chapter 1 - Year 844

Year 844

Esmeralda POV

I'm Esmeralda Diez (E-SM-MER-AL-DA DI-EZ). A comparatively rich family in Wall Maria, Shiganshina district. I was born to my mother and father on April 12th, 835. They say they named me Esmeralda, meaning 'Emerald', but I am nothing like an emerald. I don't have green eyes. Eren does. Before I drift off, they also said they find the name cute along with the nickname 'Esme' (E-SM-ME) which my friends call me with.

Now, Eren has been there since day 1. He is older than me by... only 13 days! My father, Moritz Diez, knew Grisha Yeager too, Grisha is Eren's father. Since our fathers knew each other, our mother knew each other too and often visited each other. We were so close that- heck! We knew where the keys of each other's homes were, and we visited each other so much that it's like going to a second home! I feel like Mr.Yeager is my second father and Mrs.Yeager is my second mother!

Recently, my mother, Linda Diez, fell ill. Very ill. Since she couldn't take care of me and my father, my father asked the Yeager family to take care of me for a while, that's when me and Eren were 9, I turned 10 a day ago. I am now officially a two-digit old girl!

My mother is still sick... and what's worse is that my father works for the scouts! He had an expedition coming up so Mrs.Yeager has to visit mom sometimes and I tag along! But I can't today.

Me and Eren are going to visit the Ackerman's! They are again, our fathers friends, but this time, me and Eren don't actually remember their daughter... Mikasa was it...?? Anyways, Mr.Yeager is taking us to them today, so I dressed up quickly in my room in their house. Yes, you heard it right! Even Eren has his own room in my house! I'll be Mikasa's friend! I love my friends!

*Knock Knock*

"Eren!!! Hurry up!!" I yell as I knock on Eren's room with a pout.

"Waiiittt aaa sssseeeecccooooonnnndddd! Done!" Eren opened the door wearing his usual outfit.

"Eren! Esmeralda! Time to go!" Mr. Yeager yelled upstairs.

"Coming uncle!/Dad!" We both yelled in sync before rushing downstairs.

Third Person POV

Esmeralda and Eren eagerly walked up the path leading to the Ackerman's residence. As they headed there, Grisha knocked on the door, expecting Mr.Ackerman or Mrs.Ackerman to open the door.

"Eren, Esmeralda, do get along with her. There aren't that many kids your age. Especially you Esmeralda, you might be lonely if you only hang out with Eren other than girls your age..."

"Yes uncle! I'm pretty excited to make another friend!" Esmeralda said with a bright smile but Eren remained nonchalant.

"Depends on her attitude."

"Eren, that's why you only have two friends... I guess they're not home... Mr.Ackerman it's Dr.Yeager! Pardon the intrusion!" Grisha said as he opened the door, only to meet a gore sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grisha checked their pulse before asking Esmeralda and Eren a question.

"Eren, Esmeralda. Did you see a girl nearby? Their daughter, Mikasa?"

"No." They replied.

"I'll ask for an investigation for this... Stay at the base of the mountain, kids."

They were terrified and their instincts said to find her and fight the kidnappers. They nodded as their figures vanished into the forest as their shoes made squeaky sounds due to the rain.