Chapter 3 - Year 847

Esmeralda Pov

*Tick*

I was surrounded by darkness.

Ticking. That means I am there.

*Tick*

"...-Horse-face-..."

Eren? Horse-face?

*Tick*

"...-Eren!-..."

Mikasa.

*Tick*

"...-Esmeralda-..."

Uncle?

...

Huh? No ticking?

"...-Esmeralda!-..."

What?

"...-Can't change-...-Future-...-Inevitable-...-slow-...-Death-..."

*Tick*

What does that mean!? Why is the ticking back?!

*Tick*

It's faster! I'm gonna leave!

*Tick*

Unc-

*Tick*

-cle-

*Tick*

*Tick*

Third Person POV

*Gasp*

"Esmeralfa! PhAre phou alFight!?" Eren asks, but it comes muffled.

Currently, bread was shoved into the mouth of Eren, who was crying, by Mikasa. Suddenly Esme gasped as she sprung awake, which got the trio's attention. Mikasa moved to Esme's side while helping her up.

"Is it one of your nightmares?" Mikasa asked, Esme just stayed like that and slowly nodded before hugging Mikasa.

"Esme, what happened in your dream?" Armin asked as he handed her a loaf of bread and Eren finished his bread.

"Yeah! We're there for you!" Eren said while Mikasa nodded.

Esme just released her hug as she tied her hair up into a ponytail again. She grabbed the bread and just ate before speaking.

"It was... nothing... I don't want to worry you guys..." Esme said before looking around.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Year 847 ~

It had been 2 years since the fall of wall Maria. The adult refugees were sent to reclaim the wall, including Armin's grandpa, but only one fifth of the population returned. It only helped the food shortage a little. During those years, the four promised to join the training corps when they were 12.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey kid! Who the h##l are you!?"

The trainee corps 104 batch had begun. The instructor Keith Shadis came to face a blond haired kid.

"I'm Armin Arlert from Shiganshina, sir!"

"That so? A fit name for a retard! Your parents named you that?"

"It was my grandfather, sir."

He leaned on the poor boy.