Chapter 5 - Year 850

Esmeralda Pov

Long story short:

Eren protected us from the cannons.

Armin brought us time.

Commander Pixis convinced the garrison to save us.

We are using Eren's power to seal the whole.

Now, I heard the cannon blast and I heard Commander Pixis talking about Armin's heartfelt salute... But something doesn't add up... How come... Marco is...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person Pov

Esme was currently heading towards the dungeon, where Levi and commander Erwin were talking with Eren. It has been a while since the first victory of mankind, everyone was delighted but it was cut short due to fear. Esme reassured Mikasa that she wouldn't let Eren or herself get hurt and that the 'midget' who looked like a threat to Mikasa won't hurt both of them. Esmeralda's footsteps echoed rhythmically as her purple eyes came into the view of the people present in the dungeons. She paused before saluting to her seniors then relaxed and looked at Eren.

"Eren, we are very worried about you...!" Esme said, worry evident in her voice.

"I'm fine, Esme..." Eren said.

"Cadet Diez, we were planning to take Eren in our custody."

"Ok..." Esme said, facing her superiors, with her normal calm face, before turning to Eren again,"Eren, just know that we'll be there to support you and don't do anything reckless..."

Eren remembered the last time she said that, he grew an irk mark before barking like the German dog he is,"Is it an insult or are you actually worried!? Last time I took it as you were worried, you literally threw me in a pit!!"

"That was just one prank..." Esme said with a sweat drop; she scratched her cheek, averted her gaze, with her face slightly red with embarrassment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The thing is, I suspect that the M.P's will do an investigation on our past, having a high status, they can order their lackeys to do so. Automatically, Eren will be fuming for including his friends-"

"I'll take care of that." Levi said, interpreting her.

"Ok, captain..." Esme says with uncertainty.

"What else did you need to say Cadet?" Erwin questioned.

"Nothing!" Esme blurted out.

They both raised an eyebrow questioningly, she never behaved like that, but they knew better than to pry. They knew she was a tough nut to crack, she would never reveal a secret even if it costs her life. The green-eyed girl just looked around to find something to change the topic, and lucky her, Petra came for her. The ginger-haired girl tugged on the younger girl before whispering something which made the girl flush and run away. Then, both the males looked at Petra, who just waved her hand.

"Nothing very important, just a thing between us girls." She said before trailing behind Esme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ackerman, Arlert! Come to the court!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[A/n: What do you think Petra whispered to Esme?? The person with the correct answer gets to ask me a question.

Why am I doing this? Cuz I felt like it.

Btw I'm kinda low on inspiration, sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as the others.

Edit: Sorry for the late post!!! I was busy with school work and we had some family travelling business, and I was also reading a new novel! I apologize again. I'm low on Inspiration and I also have another story going on. Sorry for giving such short chapter...]