First Times (Steve Rogers)

Writer's Note: Guess who's back?! I mean - I'm not back back, I just thought I'd swing by. Ed Sheeran's new album, Equals, is out and in the few minutes "First Times" lasted, this following story was created in my brain. Hope you enjoy.

If you'd like, listen to the songs mentioned throughout the story to help set the mood.

~

You've always loved Ed Sheeran. Most of your friends found him too overrated. But you loved his songs. They always found a way straight into your heart. You had connected countless big moments in your life with his songs. Everytime you felt down, or happy, or excited, or in love, Ed Sheeran had a song waiting for you.

And that's why, when his new album "Equals" was announced, you were, to say the least, excited. You started counting down the days, the minutes and the seconds until you could experience that amazing feeling of listening to his new songs for the very first time.

On October 29th, when you heard your alarm blasting, signaling it was finally time, you swore you felt as if you were going to pass out for a second.

Poor Steve was laying next to you, holding his book with one hand and petting your dog, Wendy, with the other. Unfortunately for them both, the minutes before your alarm went off, you were relaxing with your legs sprawled on top of Steve's, meaning when the familiar sound broke the comfortable silnce you both were in, you ended up accidentally hitting the area God only meant to be loved, with the heel of your foot.

"OUCH, OH, FFFFFFFF-" he cut himself off, bringing his knees up to his chest. "What on earth was that for?!"

His question was answered almost immediately, after he managed to make out a few words out of the shrieks coming out of your mouth. Album! Ed! Equals! Out! Yep. The time had come.

Wendy started jumping up and down like her momma did, barking and making turns around herself.

After a few mintues of uninterupted screams and jumping up and down on the couch, you finally sat back down on the couch next to your boyfriend.

"Are you ready?" you said with the excitement of a little kid on Christmas morning right before he unwrapped his presents.

"I- do I have a choice?" he joked. He knew you knew he liked Ed Sheeran's songs as well. Obviously not as much as you did, but over the years you two were together, he had grown to love quite a few of them.

"You most certainly do not," you replied and without wasting any more time that could be spent listening to the new album, you pressed play on the first one.

Tides.

All you could focus on was his voice, the powerful music and the goosebumps that covered your body from the very first note that came out of his mouth.

Timе stops to still,
When you are in my arms, it always will...
And life, lifе is changin' tides.

In that moment, for a split second, Steve's hand holding firmly on to your own, brought you back to reality, long enough to give him a loving look.

Next song.

Shivers

You'd listened to that song countless times already, as it was one of the singles already released. Regardless, you spent the next 3 and a half minutes headbanging and screaming the lyrics like your own life depended on it. You would always blush and smile shyly when you'd hear Steve mumble the words to it, especially when both your favourite part came on.

Into the car
On the backseat in the moonlit dark
Wrap me up between your legs and arms
Ooh, I can't get enough