☁9☁

(apologies if the writing is confusing, im very tired and cannot spell for the life of me)

-----

It was all over the news; People cheering and celebrating, kissing each other and dancing so much, their lips and feet may as well have fallen off. Every person, of every country, was overjoyed and brimming with excitement and relief, but La Squadra was a different story.

A stark contrast to the rest of the world, the team was dragged into an incurable despair, a terrified and woeful mood plaguing the base in a thick smog, as everyone asked how this could've happened, and what they had done for this to happen to them, people already at the lowest part of society.

Prosciutto was the most distraught of all. He sat upon the roof of the base like he had done those many months ago, and gazed up into the night sky. The dipper spilled stars over the tiles, and the clouds parted for a sight he wasn't sure he had the stomach to see for himself.

The moon was back in the sky.

Lady was gone.

No more insightful chats with Illuso, no more experiments with Melone or Pesci, no more soft moments with Ghiaccio, no more silly jokes with Formaggio, and no more love for Prosciutto.

Risotto couldn't help but fight back a smile at the sight. Everyone will be back to normal soon, and they can all get on with their lives. What he did was necessary, this he assures himself, because the safety of his team comes first, not some random woman.

"You.. Want me to leave?" 

He remembers their conversation clearly.

"Correct." There, they hide behind the manor the group occupies, voices low and hush to avoid any wandering ears. Risotto takes no pity on the girl with her sparkling tears, and quivering lip.

"Did I do something wrong?" Lady whimpered. "I'm sorry, really, whatever I did, I'm sorry! I don't want to go, please, please!"

"You do know that just being here is putting everyone else in danger, don't you? You do know that you're putting Ghiaccio in danger, right?" Risotto would slyly lean down to meet her at eye level. "You know that you're putting Prosciutto in danger, don't you?"

"I-I am?"

"Oh, yes, you most definitely are. He's a hitman, you know this, and you also know that anyone tied to them can become a target, and not just that, a way to get rid of him."

"I didn't- I didn't mean to be a burden, I just wanted to--" Lady's shoulders racked as choked back sobs that fought to leave her mouth, glittering stars rolling down her cheeks in droves, escaping the galaxies in her eyes in tears.  

"I'm sorry," a lie. "but this is how it has to be. I have to keep everyone safe."

"I... Understand. I only ask one thing of you, though."

"What is it."

"Could you tell Prosciutto to, please, keep talking to me? Ghiaccio too?"

"I'll do whatever will benefit the team."

He truly stuck to his word, and therefore, didn't say a thing about what she said. The team asked if she said goodbye, he says he doesn't know. They asked where he last saw her, and he said he was asleep, and as such, didn't know a thing. They asked if he thought she'd ever come back, and he, confidently, said no.

"Lady is the moon, not a person," He explained. "She didn't belong here."