Act Ten: Coffee and Cigarettes

Weekends went quiet and swift. I get to relax and fully recover from last week incident, turns out the person who assaulted is behind bars and the suspect behind the recent rape cases. I made a loud sigh when I saw the news, feeling relieved. I texted Shiro to ask him other details how he managed to take down the guy and why did he have to take me to the hospital. But he never replied. Must be busy with something, I told myself.

I think the highlight of today was I managed to bathe Neko, to my surprise Neko likes the water and even knows how to paddle around the bath tub. The groceries that I got that day was retreived thanks to Shiro.

I went back to school the next Monday. There were a lot kids at school saying hi to me and asking how am I doing. I feel like a rockstar with all these attention Im getting. Remember the three chics who bullied someone then saved her? They were glaring at me, I just smirked at them. I went to my locker and when I opened it, there were small gifts, some little balloons, some letters saying 'get well soon' and 'welcome back'. I feel special, and it brought a smile on my face.

What I did next was I asked my teachers for the lessons I missed. They told me its alright that I dont even have to bother since they know what happened, but I insist on getting homeworks and school stuff to do, and so they did. I kinda regret doing so, now Im going home with a heap of books and assignments with me.

When I arrived back from school, I found Neko lounging in the couch. I then changed into my house clothes then started doing my homeworks and et cetera. I was halfway finish writing an essay when suddenly my phone vibrated. The message reads;

"Open the door. -Shiro"
"No." I texted.
"Please. Im gonna freeze my ass here. :("
"Then go home."
"If you dont open it, I swear Ill break in."
">:()"

Jegus.

So I opened it. Then there was Shiro, waving at me.

"Either you freeze your ass there or start walking. Your choice." I told him.

Then he sprinted inside. I locked the door behind me. Then sat back infront of my table. He leaned towards from behind me, looking at what Im doing.

"Im hungry." He told me.
"I didnt cook, just go make some at the kitchen." I told him without looking at him.
"Hmm, kk." With just that, I heard him walk out and close the door.

Minutes later, the door swung open again and Shiro came in.

"Oy. Take a break." He said.
"Yeah, later." Told him.

I heard some scuffling behind me, then he held my hands to stop me from what Im doing.

"Hey! Im doing my homework!" I then looked at him.
He was just staring at me blankly. I kinda got lost in it, so I snapped myself back.
"Jeez. Fine." So I stood up from my sit. He then smiled cause he knew that he won that little staring contest. That annoyed me.

He prepared some hot cocoa for the both of us, with some slices of cake. Do I have some leftover cake at the fridge? Cant remember. Who cares.

"Why are you here?" I asked.
"Hmm? Oh nothing. I just wanna see you." He said plainly.
"Right. Go home after your cocoa." Told him.
"What? No, I wanna play with Neko."
"Jeez. Fine." Told him then I sip my cocoa.

After that, I went back to resume what Im doing. After three subjects done, I decided to continue it the next day. So I stretched my arms and looked at the time. Its 2:30AM. I remember Shiro, so I hurried downstairs.

I found Shiro laying on the couch, with Neko on his chest, both sleeping peacefully. I shook my head. Then covered Shiro with a blanket. I then head upstairs to get some sleep.